What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

14A Tail Kit At Home

AlinNS

Well Known Member
Hey Folks.

Finally got tail 140180 home.:)

There is some damage from a forklift but we aren't going to let that dampen our excitement!

Standby for many questions.

Darn. I wanted to put a picture on here but its not as simple as cut and paste. Think I'll go unpack something...

I hope the forklift damage was to the crate only:mad: You sir are about to begin on a fun and exciting adventure:D

Hmmm, how were wine grapes this harvest? A little "I Got Tail Party" maybe?:D

Last edited:
Hmmm, how were wine grapes this harvest? A little "I Got Tail Party" maybe?:D

We will start picking, the grapes that is, in about two weeks.

Mike. One skin got damaged. I'll be asking for some advice when I can figure out how to post pictures.

Last edited:
Ouch! Cancel the party. How big is the damage and on what skin? A picture or two would be helpful maybe repairable...

Tail Shipment - mine was damaged also

Interesting, my crate came broken, the Aircraft Handbook and other manuals were on their own but made the trip despite the broken crate. Suggested to Van's that they band the crate differently. It looks like all the sub kits survived the shipment, working on detailed inventory. Yikes!

Shipping Damage

Here is what the shipping damage on my tail kit looked like:

At first I thought the box had been dropped on its corner. I quickly recognized classic/typical forklift damage caused by pushing a crate by the forks. Only one steel strap was left on the box. They snap off when a box is pushed.

Here is the damage inside the box. I want it replaced. I'm sure many folks will say just bend it back. But to me that is not the point. I didn't enter into a contract to ship damaged aircraft parts.

Oh and by the way, I'm still new to the picture thing so if a picture of me sitting on the toilet or something shows up, let me know ASAP!:)

Last edited:
I like what's in the truck , wife likes what is next to the truck. She has horses.

Hey Ron.

I caught these large rodents in the vineyard this morning. I hope they didn't eat into the money I need to order the wing kit next year! If my wife and kids aren't home, your wife is welcome to trap em and bring em to your place!

Photo1004_zps10bbba90.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back