What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight RV8

sjhurlbut

Well Known Member
Rv8 82842 flew for first time this past Sat. Final inspection was back in Jan 29th but weather, deployment, and some cowling mods delayed first flight.

Slow build kit. IO-360-A1B6 (sort of) engine with 10:1. More pics to follow. Not scheduled for paint for another year. Beautiful airplane.

20tjp8g.jpg

Way to go Steve!

Many congrats on the first flight and wishing you an uneventful Phase 1.

v/r,dr

Congrats Steve!

Congrats on the first flight!

Are you limited to the 25 NM?

I requested a variance from TC for 50NM and I got it for the first 25 hours...if you want my justification email to TC I can send it to you!

Waiting to hook up with Crank to do some form in his 4.

Enjoy the work up!

Don

PAINT!!

Get some paint on that composite!

1st coat should be 2K high-build primer, applied with a 4"x 1" foam roller. If we get those races set up in your area in August, I'll inspect things...:D

BTW Congrats on finishing ANOTHER airplane.

Last edited:
Range

Congrats on the first flight!

Are you limited to the 25 NM?

I requested a variance from TC for 50NM and I got it for the first 25 hours...if you want my justification email to TC I can send it to you!

Waiting to hook up with Crank to do some form in his 4.

Enjoy the work up!

Don

I?m sticking with 25nm. It?s no big deal around here

Get some paint on that composite!

1st coat should be 2K high-build primer, applied with a 4"x 1" foam roller. If we get those races set up in your area in August, I'll inspect things...:D

BTW Congrats on finishing ANOTHER airplane.

Yeah the fibreglass looks rough. My paint plan is to get it less ugly and then take it to Evoke Aviation 😃.

Will be at Oshkosh 2019 as is and 2020 with beautiful paint job.

Congratulations Steve!

Looking forward to seeing the finished (painted) airplane, and cockpit pics.

How much HP does that engine produce? Any performance numbers yet?

BTW, at what point in the build should the FB kit be ordered? I?m building the same thing and don?t want to ?unbuild? anything to accommodate the FB kit.

Back