What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8, N80E

jdearborn

Well Known Member
RV-8, N108JD

The beginning is here. . . almost. Construction was to begin with the move to our new home near KRYY. But as with most new homes, our's is late, which delays the RV project. The empennage has arrived and the QB fuselage and wings have been ordered. The goal is to be flying by the end of the year.:rolleyes:Retirement has it's advantages and you gotta have a goal.:)
Cheers to all,
Jim

Last edited:
The beginning is here. . . almost. Construction was to begin with the move to our new home near KRYY. But as with most new homes, our's is late, which delays the RV project. The empennage has arrived and the QB fuselage and wings have been ordered. The goal is to be flying by the end of the year.:rolleyes:Retirement has it's advantages and you gotta have a goal.:)
Cheers to all,
Jim

Good goal! Looking forward to hearing about/seeing your progress!

The goal is to be flying by the end of the year.:rolleyes:Retirement has it's advantages and you gotta have a goal.:)
Cheers to all,
Jim

Now you have two full time jobs again Jim. You won't even have time to keep us updated on your project here. Post at least first engine run :)

Cheers to all,
Jim

Jim,
Welcome to Marietta/Kennesaw! Have you had a chance to get in touch with the guys at EAA 268 (based at KRYY) yet?

I'm located about 4 miles from KRYY myself. Let me know when you get the RV project going...I'm real good at holding a bucking bar! :D

Thanks!

Thanks Michael and Chuck.
Help and knowledge are always welcome.
I'm having trouble with EAA268. The web page is very out of date. Their FB page and Yahoo Groups site seems to be active. I'm having trouble figuring out the Chapter's status and to whom I should send my application.

Thanks Michael and Chuck.
Help and knowledge are always welcome.
I'm having trouble with EAA268. The web page is very out of date. Their FB page and Yahoo Groups site seems to be active. I'm having trouble figuring out the Chapter's status and to whom I should send my application.

Jim,
Sent you a Private Message.

Welcome

Jim,
Welcome to the area. I also live in the area (about 6 miles West of RYY), but keep my RV in Calhoun and not RYY. I know there are a few builders at RYY (couple of 10s and at least one 7 that I know of). Additionally there is a slew of RVs in the surrounding airports from Cartersville, Calhoun, Lawrenceville and many great builders and RV pilots alike in the surrounding areas as well as just south of Atlanta. Although I'm not a builder I'm happy to offer help. Even if it's just getting you to the right people. There are several EAA chapters around that you can join and enjoy fellowship. I look forward to seeing your progress. Wish you the best.

Last edited:
N80E is now N108JD

It seems I spoke too soon about my 'N' number. It turns out someone beat me to N80E by two days. N108JD has been confirmed by the FAA, N108JD it is! :)
My QB kit delivery has been moved up to April 8. That is a month and a half early! :) :)

It's here. . . trial photo insert

kd9wfa.jpg

Back