What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CANPASS status.....

PilotBrent

Well Known Member
Would appreciate someone with knowledge to update me on what is happening or planned with CANPASS. During Covid last 1 1/2 yrs clearly things were different. But, as the border is gradually opening up I'd like to fly back into Canada. I'm reading that the CANPASS Air program is being discontinued with legacy membership privileges in place until they expire.

Any idea as to when the number of allowable airports for entry into Canada will be expanded (back to what was allowed pre-Covid)?

NEXUS is mentioned as alternative going forward - will that act like CANPASS and allow us to land at various smaller airports across the country?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Canpass covered a number of rolls.

The portions of 'Canpass' that are used for private flyers & GA commercial pre-arrival notification and airport clearing look like they will continue to operate as they have in the past.
Call up Canpass (Canadian Customs) at 1-888-226-7277 and ask if the AOE-15 or AOE-CAN airport you would like to clear at is open. Chances are that you will have no problem.
I personally never did subscribe to Canpass, and have never been denied clearing at a AOE-CAN (supposedly Canpass only airport).

The portion 'Canpass Air' which was used for preferred custom clearance of airline travellers appears to be the part that Canpass is terminating, as it was more or less a duplication of services offered by NEXUS.

Last edited:
Back