What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carling HR Series rocker switches

Steve D.

I'm New Here
Anybody have experience with these Carling "Halo" rocker switches? They are roughly the same price as the Honeywell rockers. They look nice, but I'm a little concerned that it will be difficult to ascertain switch position at a glance, especially at night, since they are black and there is no legend on the top. It is possible that the halo around the switch will help, but I'm unsure. If anybody has experience with them, I'd appreciate any feedback.
Thanks in advance for your help!

https://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-switches-hr-series

Those look nice, illuminated with icon of function. I have no personal experience with these, but they are suitable.

It is a switch not rocket brain surgery. Ha ha. The specs look officious and impressive.

Possible Cons:
Cost? Size? Proprietary connectors. The illumination if too bright and not dimmable may reflect on canopy and may causes night vision issues.

I am sure they are of good quality, reliable and safe. The form and fit requiring a large rectangular cutout is not my cut of tea. It will give your RV less of an airplane look and more of a car look, which is more refined than toggles. That is what I have and it gives more of a military functional look.

The ICONS available are cool. It looks like they have ICONS that would fit Battery, Landing Lights, NAV.... If you use them let us know how it goes and show pictures. They are pretty.

Back