What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TKS EXPRESSION OF INTEREST

kearney

Well Known Member
At KOSH I spoke to the CAV System Ltd people about a TKS (anti ice) system for the RV10. The end result was that they would consider developing such a system if there was enough interest to justify development.

To that end, who would be interested in such a system - the sticker price would probably be around $30K. At this point, it is just an expression of interest (serious) that is required. If this moves forward, I would expect a deposit would be required.

I do request that this thread be kept clean and any debate of the merits of such a system be confined to a separate thread(s).

Cheers

Les

Interested, but would want to understand what level of airframe ice testing TKS would do during development.

TKS Redux

Thus far 16 people have indicated serious interest in a TKS system for the RV10. Given the capital investment in developing such a system, CAV Systems would need a least 50-100 people to sign on with deposits to make the project worthwhile.

I did get a couple of answers to some of the questions posed these being:

The system would encompass the prop and the windscreen.

The TKS fluid is not corrosive. The most corrosive component in the fluid is water.

The system is an anti-ice not de-ice system. That being said. It is required to handle ice accumulated for two minutes before it is turned on. The theory being that the pilot should have at least a couple of minutes to recognize that ice is an issue.

Back