What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lane A fault

JwWright57

Well Known Member
Hey guys I’m having an intermittent Lane A fault on my 912iS.

When i first did my install i couldn’t get the Lane A fault light to go off. I removed the connector at the back of the ignition module, double checked all the pins and reinserted it. That seemed to fix the problem. I did my first engine start, including the Lane A, B check. It was all good. Then today (about a week and a half later) I’m getting the same **** fault light. Turn on Lane A and it cycles and then the red rotax warning to land pops up. Just Lane A, Lane B has always worked.

Any suggestions?

You may be able to get more information.
While the light is on, with Dynon go to menu then engine tools then engine faults.
I think Garmin has something similar.

Not real familiar with the iS, but maybe you're bowling on the wrong lane. I've seen it happen... :eek:

Only thing I can think of is to make sure all the sensors are connected to their respected wired connection. It's common to get the fault light when the lower cowl is off since the airflow sensor has to be disconnected. Hope that helps.

It's common to get the fault light when the lower cowl is off since the airflow sensor has to be disconnected.

Actually the ambient air pressure and temperature sensor (AAPTS) does not need to be disconnected.
The air filter assembly is attached to the lower cowl with 4 screws. The design allows the lower cowl to be removed while leaving the air filter assembly intact. :)

Attachments

• Air filter assembly.jpg
    Air filter assembly.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 151
Actually the ambient air pressure and temperature sensor (AAPTS) does not need to be disconnected.
The air filter assembly is attached to the lower cowl with 4 screws. The design allows the lower cowl to be removed while leaving the air filter assembly intact. :)

Right! But (there is always a but lol), the air filter is a little oversize so getting those 4 screws in is a real PIA. Taking the sensor off is really easy. Just one thing to remember after reinstalling the cowl.

Back