What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sacramento RVators

Sacramento living areas

Hey Mikey, I didn't realize you live in the Sacramento area. Since I'm now retired, I've thought of moving (from Atlanta) out to the foot hills just east of Sacramento. Used to fly over that general area all the time descending into SFO. Really really pretty area. You got any recommendations for where a guy might want to move? I'm not poor, but I'm not rich either---sort of upper middle class ( as far as cost areas go.:rolleyes:)

Thanx for any recommendations you may have.

PS: I know California is darned expensive.:eek: My house here would probably pull $280,000 to $300,000, as far as what I maybe could afford out there.

My wife and I moved to Sac area a year ago. We just closed on a house in Rescue, CA. It?s on the North departure end of Cameron Airpark. Home prices out here aren?t bad.

Hey Mikey, I didn't realize you live in the Sacramento area. Since I'm now retired, I've thought of moving (from Atlanta) out to the foot hills just east of Sacramento. Used to fly over that general area all the time descending into SFO. Really really pretty area. You got any recommendations for where a guy might want to move? I'm not poor, but I'm not rich either---sort of upper middle class ( as far as cost areas go.:rolleyes:)

PS: I know California is darned expensive.:eek: My house here would probably pull $280,000 to $300,000, as far as what I maybe could afford out there.

I left Kalifornia when I retired in 2013 because there were few places I could afford to live with my airplane. After almost 4-years in PA, I moved to NC25.

My RV-6 is now flying 20.5 years. Been to 49-states and several countries with it. Been to lots of airparks. The ones I could afford were too far from anything or were too expensive. NC25 had the correct mix of everything for me so I purchased there.

Cameron Park is one airpark to look at.

Pine Mountain Lake is another.

I dislike the high cost of living in Kalifornia plus I dislike the political climate in Kalifornia. The odds of me ever living there again is as great as the political climate in that state making a 180-degree turn.

Hi Gary, NC25?? You live over there by Schreck, huh? You and I are practically neighbors, at least by RV.

I looked at your house ads out in Kalifornia. I'm guessing my $280000 to $300,000 house "here", would cost $500,000 to $700,000 out there. Need to win the lottery first.:eek:

Mike saw the light and moved over the hill to live in Nevada, right next door to us. We are seeing an upswing in interest in our airpark these days - much of it from folks looking too get away from the west side of the Sierra.....

Mike saw the light and moved over the hill to live in Nevada, right next door to us. We are seeing an upswing in interest in our airpark these days - much of it from folks looking too get away from the west side of the Sierra.....

A coincidence you should chime in here Paul. I was thinking of looking on your side of the border also. It's just that the California side is a lot greener, but boy, do you pay for it.

Any ideas what a 2700 square foot house might run about near you? (I don't think I could afford to live on that very nice airpark you live on---I've looked at it on the computer)

Hi Gary, NC25?? You live over there by Schreck, huh? You and I are practically neighbors, at least by RV.

I looked at your house ads out in Kalifornia. I'm guessing my $280000 to $300,000 house "here", would cost $500,000 to $700,000 out there. Need to win the lottery first.:eek:

Ron is directly across the street. :)

On topic... Mike, every time I've seen this thread the last couple of days I'm reminded that I gotta do something about that website. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just need to find a volunteer that actually knows how to to do that sort of thing, unlike this web luddite.

As for Dayton, I can vouch that it's a really nice spot with a really nice runway, on the Western edge of the Great Basin, with really nice inhabitants. What's not to like?

Sent you a PM.

A coincidence you should chime in here Paul. I was thinking of looking on your side of the border also. It's just that the California side is a lot greener, but boy, do you pay for it.

Any ideas what a 2700 square foot house might run about near you? (I don't think I could afford to live on that very nice airpark you live on---I've looked at it on the computer)

Lots of nice, brand new homes that size are being built in the area for the low to middle $300k. I'm guessing you can get older homes that size for less....probably a lot less. The airpark is all over the place price-wise (and size-wise) and homes only occasionally come up for sale.

As for "green", I find it terribly over-rated (and downright boring) but there is plenty only 40 minutes away from Dayton at Tahoe. :D

Back