What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

She is finished

SuperCubDriver

Well Known Member
I just finished my RV-7 and wanted to share some pics. First flight is still some weeks away - now waiting for the permit to fly.
I worked very hard the last 16 months, used all my free time and was kind of addicted building this thing. I surely have stolen time from my family. I logged over 1600 hours actual building time and I probably spent the same time again roaming this forum and other builder?s websites. And I must say this forum is really great, most arising questions can be solved by just using the search function. And when this doesn?t help usually one will get answers when asking within one day!

Here are some details: Aerosport-Power IO-375, AE-400 Fuel Injection, Raven Inverted oil system, right tank flop tubed, Hartzell Blended Airfoil CS-Prop, dual 7" Skyview System, Classic Aero Interior, empty weight 1148 lbs.

And here she is:

IMG_1586edit2_zps160c78dd.jpg

IMG_1527edit_zps547a3cec.jpg

Time to Change Your User Name

Nice, sweet looking RV-7. I'm envious. Once you fly her it's time to change your username...

Gorgeous Plane, Congratulations

Question for you, what is the material on the glare shield that forms the lip. Can to describe and describe where it can be purchased?

I recently added LED lighting under the glare shield and could use a lip like yours to block the direct light.

Thanks and again, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment.

Bill, the glareshield lip is from Classic Aero. It is very easy to mount with a few screws in just 10 minutes. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.classicaerodesigns.com/w...=59&ProductCategory=RV-7&ProductCategoryID=12

BTW I could use a lighting too below the glareshield and already was thinking about a LED strip, although we are not allowed to fly at night with experimentals here. I installed however all exterior lights just in case.

Swifty, I am based in southern Germany about 40 miles east of Stuttgart. I already know several builders here in the region and more and more RVs are coming. I see you are in Key West - I once flew to there from Ft. Lauderdale Exec. in a C-310 - very nice place.

Spent three years in Stuttgart and loved the place! Looking forward to going back there sometime. Enjoy your new toy and don't miss the Hahnweide Oldtimer Airshow.

.... appear like twins

Hermann,

very nice!! Here is a pic of the -7 of my friend Wolfgang (based at EDLT):

2ynfnfp.jpg

ohiqlc.jpg

The two planes appear like twins .... nice!!

Heinz

Heinz, I saw this -7 in Damme 2011. I found a similar paint scheme from a builder in Australia. I played a little with colors and originally wanted to paint it dark red instead of dark blue. However I was afraid it turnes into brown depending on the light and so I painted it also dark blue.

Back