What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping issue

fdeppieri

Hello everyone,

I decided to ask for help in this forum as someone has already faced to resolve a similar situation.
I have purchased parts for my RV-10 kit and must now ship them from the USA to Italy.
In the paste, I also organized and made expeditions as I often found myself working in California and Oregon.
Now I tried to organize the expedition remotely from Italy with the support of a friend in the US, but no company
shipping wants to ship without a local company reference.
I have contacted 7 companies but I cannot in any way send my pallets from private to private.
I am the owner of a small company in Italy, but in the US I do not have a TaxId and without this I can not send anything.
The material is now being serviced at a friend’s house and I need to clear out his garage as soon as possible.
I don’t know how to do it. Could someone give me some suggestion ?
Thank you very much
Francesco

I don't know much about international shipping, so I can't help you out directly. I suggest you call Van's and see who they use. If Van's ships to Italy, then their shipper is familiar with plane parts and might be more amenable to helping you out than someone who knows nothing about kit planes.

Hello Francesco,

Vans arranged all my shipments to the Netherlands.
They have several options.
I usually use ground/sea transport door-to-door service.
The wing+fuse kit (RV-7) took two weeks and I had to pay approx. 1500 Euro.

Back