What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Autopilot box selfie's

acroflyrgirl

Well Known Member
Here's how my box came today from Mr UPS.

I would bet it didn't leave TruTrak looking like this.

Any advice on how to attack this issue? Delivery guy called his supervisor and described the box as having "slight damage". His exact words.
I declined shipment but now want to know how long it will take to get a refund so I can re order.

77c20f1aacfce1661255dfc4d56f1149.jpg

c5b5d62d003fbbf9dcb5813e42fc6732.jpg

2101af3e697bf087aa6d2ca71acc7e41.jpg

I had a box arrive like that. There is an inner box that might not be damaged. Your quickest way to your goods is to inspect the contents. If they are damaged, then file the claim.

as the saying goes..........

....most of that will buff right out!;)

sorry, sad isn't it!
let's be thankful these guys aren't driving busloads of our children, cause it's plain they are unqualified to even...... reproduce. ( we hope!):rolleyes:

Obviously a tough call, and you want to tread carefully - but the Tru Trak guys pack things incredibly well - probably 70% of the volume in that box is going to be foam. I'd contact Lucas and have him look at the photos and advise. I have not heard good things about claims with the shipping companies.

Chronic problem

I can not remember the last time I received a UPS shipment that did not look like that. My TruTrak box looked very similar but was simply left on the porch. Upon opening I found the servos well padded and fine while both mounting brackets were bent and required straightening. My shipment of epoxy resin and hardener from ACS was so beat up that the cans themselves looked like your box.

Here's how my box came today from Mr OOPS.

Fixed it for ya.

OOPS has a knack for destroying only the most critical parcels going to those who can least afford the aggravation and/or loss; private citizens who purchase fragile electronics from far away places. Their corporate clients wouldn't put up with it.

Their claims process is a nightmare for the buyer as the "shipper" is the beneficiary of any claim. I try to use FedEx, when I have a choice, for expensive/ fragile parcels. Not because I think they're any better. But, just on principle. Those OOPS guys and gals have ticked me off one too many times.

The kicker was the Christmas present left under the front porch because the driver apparently couldn't be bothered to climb the stairs and leave in on the door step.

Last edited:
....most of that will buff right out!;)

sorry, sad isn't it!
let's be thankful these guys aren't driving busloads of our children, cause it's plain they are unqualified to even...... reproduce. ( we hope!):rolleyes:

The way that box looks, I'd say it was from the belts or chutes... Loaders and delivery drivers don't do that. I worked as a loader for a year and boxes would snag on corners some times or the shear volume of packages pushes some off the belts. As far as them taking care cause of who it's from... Well that is the least of their worries. Only thing I saw was the label bar code and best place to put another box in the puzzle. Box doesn't even say fragile on it..

I would have opened it first.....

I ordered three painted/decorated mason jars for my daughter that arrived looking like that. You can imagine what I was wondering. Opened it and everything was perfect. That was USPS so it happens everywhere.

Here's how my box came today from Mr UPS.

I would bet it didn't leave TruTrak looking like this.

Any advice on how to attack this issue? Delivery guy called his supervisor and described the box as having "slight damage". His exact words.
I declined shipment but now want to know how long it will take to get a refund so I can re order.

I've been speaking with Chief regarding this issue for you. Unfortunately, shipments from Chief Aircraft are shipped using their UPS account number. Which means Trutrak doesn't insure it, they do. If you give them a call, I believe they'll take care of you on their end. I have already agreed to inspect the equipment when it gets here and make sure nothing was damaged. Unfortunately I don't have a Vizion 380 in stock right now and it would actually be just as fast to get that one sorted as it is scheduled to be here Thursday.

The way that box looks, I'd say it was from the belts or chutes... Loaders and delivery drivers don't do that. I worked as a loader for a year and boxes would snag on corners some times or the shear volume of packages pushes some off the belts. As far as them taking care cause of who it's from... Well that is the least of their worries. Only thing I saw was the label bar code and best place to put another box in the puzzle. Box doesn't even say fragile on it..

See below. :)

Which is why it's not worse.

We've found that adding "FRAGILE" to the box invites a contest of sorts....

Our components are packed EXTREMELY well in custom made foam that fit each component quite tightly.

Actually, my boxes have arrived in pretty good (original) shape. One exception is that all engine boxes have fork truck holes in them. Many Vans crates get them too. Apparently, an invention is needed to allow forks to push boxes in place without puncturing. My engine box and two others had puncture marks, with only one having damage.

Regional differences maybe.

your damage may vary. YDMV

Coming together

After only having to wait for OOPS to ship back to TruTrak, I heard today from Noreen at Chief that the A/P was rec'd, checked and reshipped out today.

Great service all around, TruTrak and Chief were on it for me.
I should have the package Wed. Yay!

Thanks to Chief & Trutrak.

Wed pkg

Indeed I received a square box yesterday. I opted to pick it up at UPS rather than wait for the truck. It looks great, can't wait to get it all up and running.

Thanks again to Chief and TruTrak.

Some followup

A/P installed, wow what a nice addition. I never thought I'd put one in a small plane but man am I glad I did. I tested it out the past couple of weeks while on my yearly pilgrimage to the NW. Wonderful

Back