What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SW8432R Oil Cooler Adequate for the IO-375?

Gary's RV7A

Has anyone install the SW8432R oil cooler on their AeroSport IO-375? If so, was it mounted to the baffling or firewall? Thanks!

8001689 AeroClassic

Ok, I've read a lot of post about oil cooler's. It's looks like the 8432r has a clone that is the AeroClassic 8001689. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the AeroClassic cooler, any comments pro/con's I should know about the oil cooler or installation? Planning on mounting to the rear baffling. According to Spruce it's the same as the 8432r but $100 cheaper.

Piston oil squirters?

Does you engine have piston oil squirters? If it does, even the 8432R and clones may be marginal in hot weather. If it does not have the piston oil squirters, then it'll probably be alright.

I have an IO-375 and I installed the oil cooler normally used by the RV-10 (not sure of the part number, but bought it from Vans) and used the parts from the RV-10 to fabricate a plenum that attached to 4" scat tube.

I've got over 80 hours on the plane now and the setup is working great.
Oil temps have never got over 190 even in a climb on a warm day.

Jason

SW8406R

I have an Aero Sport Power IO 375, low compression pistons and no squirters. I mounted an SW (Meggitt Troy) 8406R on the aft baffle in the usual fashion and it works like a charm. Texas days like today with 95 degrees at the surface do not faze it and in the winter I must mask off at least 1/3 of the area. I see temps up to 185 after prolonged climb in the summer heat, leveling off at 175 in cruise.

Chuck

Back