What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint Shop Reviews Gillis AeroPaint?

N737Z

Has anyone used Gillis AeroPaint out of Will Rogers area to paint their RV? Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm looking for a good value in a shop somewhere west of the Mississippi.
Don in AZ

Gillis Aeropaint

I had my RV6A painted by Gillis Aeropaint back in 2005. A couple of friends also took their airplanes there. The RV4 on the Gillis AeroPaint website is one of the three we took there. Calvin uses SW Jet-Glo and Acry-Glo, good stuff. The paint job is good, there are probably better shops but I think Calvin does a good job for the money. I have no problems with the paint to date. If you decide to use them make sure you get the GPS coordinates for the field (Low Pass) before you head out as the field can be hard to find without them, I think you can get them on Aeroplanner.

Skid
N214MV
RV6A 250 hrs.

I had my -9 painted there in April '04. I have been very pleased. If you are looking to win a Lindy at OSH, you might want to look elsewere, but for a very good value on the paint job, this would be a great spot.

Gillis did an excellent job for the money. He painted my RV about a year and a half ago. Didn't remove any control surfaces. I can't see anything that he missed. I highly recommend him.

paint

What is a ball park figure for getting an RV-4 painted there? One color (white)
I won't hold you to the number, I just have NO idea what it costs.
TIA
DM

What is a ball park figure for getting an RV-4 painted there? One color (white)
I won't hold you to the number, I just have NO idea what it costs.
TIA
DM

4-5 AMUs

(Aviation Maintainence Units = $1000)

Could be less. Call and ask...

405-381-3701

Back