What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cone shaped scotchbrite deburring tool

jls32

Someone posted a pic of a modified 1" scotchbrite wheel that was used for deburring in tight places like the inside of a rib flange. I spent the better part of an hour searching for it with no luck. Can someone repost it please? Thanks!

There’s a video on YouTube from the plane lady I think? She cuts up a 2 inch wheel into pie slices and puts them on a screw on arbor. I’m going to be trying it very soon...

From the Maule plant in Georgia, which really is much like a giant homebuilder's shop. One pass deburring of rib holes. It's folded abrasive strip on a drill mandrel. Shove it through and pull it back.
-

Attachments

• Abrasive Cross Pad.jpg
    Abrasive Cross Pad.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 238
Been using the 1" 7A and EXL wheels for several years for deburring just about any metal part or edge. I have a straight die grinder permanently setup with the mandrel/wheel. Buy several if you are doing a lot deburring. Also works nicely on Al tubing before and after flaring. I prefer the 7A over the EXL most of the time.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

Back