What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

yesterday in most southern germany

KayS

Well Known Member
took a bit longer than expected, started 11 years ago in Huntsville-AL. moved back to germany but then there was a 7-year project-interruption caused by things that can happen in life.

first flight was done by Sascha, CFI and very experienced RV-7-pilot. after that i joined him. she flies absolutley beautiful! no heavy wing, wonderfully balanced and powerful. i should not praise myself, but in this case i do: i did a great job! :D

all systems worked well. CHT #2 was a bit high and we had really terrible noise on the headsets during speaking. but we'll figure that out. i don't want to say much about feelings because i can't put them into words.

the 7 is not painted and looks somewhat rough, fiberglass not finished. i didn't even clean her but she is already the most beautiful aircraft ever built by somebody (at least in europe :) )

just a short annotation to the guys with similar project breaks: when i re-started after seven years, there was one week or so of head scratching. You need several days to get into the project again. but then it was like there hasn't been an interruption at all. really no big deal! the highest step is the first one.

and thank you all for the help... at this website and from friends. and special thanks to the TVRVBG... you guys have no idea how much positive impact you had on the project. the RV-community is just great. IMG-20200915-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0001.jpg

Cheers
Kay

Last edited:
Congratulations!! It took me a long time too, "how sweet it is" when she first flies!

Congratulations! Happy testing! I will be in your woods march 2022 with an amphib let’s go flying :D

Congrats!

Congrats Kay! Glad to see you finally got her in the air! I still remember seeing your project occupying TWO garages in Huntsville many years ago.

Hals und Beinbruch!!

Congrats Kay!!!

Many happy landings and flighthours to come!!!

we´ll see each other…...sooner or later…...check six..!!!

Yea, that's exactly how the RV grins are supposed to work; wonderful photos. Congrats and enjoy; 27+ hours into my phase I and I'm continually impressed on what a great machine this is. Looking forward to taking my -7 to a Flugplatz sometime in the nearish future ... I know the best bier anywhere is close by! (esp in most southern Germany; dem bier ist gutt!)

.. and put ur pants on! +10 kts and -20 F CHT for free!

Last edited:
Back