What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR 200B

Maxrate

Well Known Member
Looking for anyone that can do a review on this com radio. I am especially looking for info on how the intercom works. Thanks all

I installed one in our RV-12 a couple months ago. It replaced an SL40 and Flightcom 403. We've been quite happy with it, to say the least. For example, no more fiddling with the intercom squelch all the time. The squelch seems to auto adapt to the ambient noise level quite well. IN fact I was playing with that on a recent X/C flight... I intentionally caused enough noise to break squelch, and got about 2 seconds of noise before the intercom figured out it wasn't me talking and raised the threshold enough to quiet it. A few seconds later it was back to its previous level. Quite interesting. The "3D audio" features work as advertised -- you don't really notice it unless you're paying attention, but it does seem to make things a little easier to listen to assuming you're using a stereo headset.

Transmitted and received audio is quite clear, no complaints there at all. Bluetooth works well; I've made phone calls from the ground, and streamed music in flight. We use a mix of Lightspeed, QT Halo, David Clark, and Bose headsets and so far have not found any combination that doesn't work well.

The sole thing I have not been able to get to work is the audio output to a camera. I don't know if it's the radio or a wiring issue in the plane, but so far there's no audio to drive either an amplified speaker we were using for testing, or a GoPro input.

What else would you like to know?

Garmin GTR 200 Report

Looking for anyone that can do a review on this com radio. I am especially looking for info on how the intercom works. Thanks all

We installed the GTR 200 in May of 2018 in our RV6. It works perfectly with our Lightspeed Headsets.
Just wish I knew the newer GTR200R was coming out; although our older King KY97A transmitter had failed forcing our hand.

Back