What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans paint codes

Maxrate

Well Known Member
Patron
I?m looking for the sherwin-Williams paint code for all the white powder coated parts. Vans FAQ lists the color as a Cardinal brand T009-WH111 with the equivalent Sherwin Williams code of PWS9-40002. I called both the automotive paint and home paint store with that code and they came up with nothing. Vans support team is down for Covid-19 at the moment. Any help please. Thx

Larry, I?m showing that?s a gray paint. All my parts are white. Vans FAQ shown the newer parts PC in white. The only gray parts I?ve seen in the kits were brackets. Things like the sticks, main gear legs, canopy roll bar, etc are all white. What am I missing? Thanks

Cardinal GR230

Larry, I’m showing that’s a gray paint. All my parts are white. Vans FAQ shown the newer parts PC in white. The only gray parts I’ve seen in the kits were brackets. Things like the sticks, main gear legs, canopy roll bar, etc are all white. What am I missing? Thanks

I have no idea. Maybe they think it's a very light shade of gray. I have a can and have used it many times to touch up Vans "White" powder coated parts. I got mine from Flyboy.
https://www.flyboyaccessories.com/product-p/2352.htm
Check the description for a link to buy it direct from Cardinal.
"Please note: we no longer carry this product on our store, but it is still the only exact paint match for Van's powder-coated parts. You can purchase this product in any quantity directly from Cardinal's online store." https://shop.cardinalpaint.com/collections/cardinal-stock/products/cardinal-gray?variant=28495942595

Last edited:
Vans support team is down for Covid-19 at the moment.

Actually, the team is not down at all -- they're working (and quite busy with all the active building going on during this pandemic situation). The team's email address is [email protected], if you want to send your request.

Also, from our help documents on the web site:
POWDER COATED PARTS: Older gray parts are Cardinal brand, color GR-230. More recent white parts are Cardinal brand, color T009-WH111 90% gloss. An equivalent Sherwin Williams code is PWS9-40002. A Dupli-Color applicator is also available from some auto parts stores: part code NG CC 362.​
The spray-can equivalent Duplicolor product, according to a little Google research, looks to be "Duplicolor BCC0362 For Chrysler Codes GW7, PW7,PW6 White Aerosol Spray Paint"

Are you looking to do your own powder coating, or spray things the same color with a paint, or are you looking for a touch-up paint pen?

Last edited:
I'm new to this discussion, but what I need to do is spray a cover plate (RV-8, fuel selector valve sheet metal cover plate) to be the same color as the PC version.

Cardinal doesn't seem to know anything about T009-WH111

But I can find the Duplicolor BCC0362 on amazon.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Here’s what I found. I want to first thank Van’s support team for all the expert help they have given on this build process so far. It looked like yesterday the phone support line was down and they were accepting emails only. I was wrong and spoke with Sterling this morning. They are indeed taking calls as they can. I’m under a time constraint to get this paint on and needed to speak with someone directly. I spoke with Vic at Cardinal and the correct code for the powder coated parts is T009-WH11. The Vans help document had it listed as -WH111. Sterling said that should be corrected shortly. The Sherwin-Williams listed code PWS9-40002 is an accurate code however it is for powder coating and only comes in 50lb boxes. Not going to work in my case. The GR230 from Cardinal is for Vans powder coated parts that are approximately 8-9 years or older.

Vic is working with me to get a gallon of polyurethane with the hardener and reducer for about 150$ which is much cheaper than anything else I’ve found.

Thanks again for all the input!

Last edited:
You did Indeed but didn?t reference where you got the information so I verified with the supplier that that was indeed the correct number for what is on the PC parts. Thanks for the input though. Great information

Back