What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh RV Social 2014

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
hwl8wg.jpg

2014 Oshkosh RV Social​
Monday July 28th​
1366 WEST WAUKAU AVENUE​

Starts When The Airshow Ends​
(Ends When The Kegs Run Dry)​

Ok gang, it's on! Come join the Beer Fairy at OSH, on Monday, after the airshow, for one night of libation, tall tales, and outright lies.

The nice folks at NationAir Insurance (http://lightaircraft.nationair.com/) have again offered their terrific backyard location. Please look for the NationAir staffers and thank them in some appropriate way. They'll be at 1366 Waukau all week with cool drinks and shade for weary aviators.

Here's the map. Easy walk from anywhere. It is near the bus center, and parking if you have a car. No parking at the house...don't even think about it (sorry!).

9tz86o.jpg

The kegs ran dry way too early last year. It won't happen this year. And we won't bother with a "how many beers" poll, as clearly ya'll lie about how much you drink.

Everyone seemed to like the choices:

New Glarus Spotted Cow (what would Oshkosh be without Spotted Cow?)
Bell's Two-Hearted Ale (for the hop lovers)
Lakefront Fixed Gear (yep, that's the name, a red ale with a kick)

The Beer Fairy's kissing booth business just isn't working out as planned. She will need a little help to pull this off. Sponsors so far include Kitplanes, Barrett Precision, JD Air, Perry Hill Auto, GRT, TruTrak, Delta Pop Aviation, EXP Aircraft Services, and SteinAir, but we need maybe one more or the old lady will have to go another year without new underpants. Sponsor shares are cheap; drop an email or PM to me and I'll get it to the Fairy. This is a non-profit; anything unspent will be returned.

Serious note..this is an RV owner/builder function. Any a$$hole we catch inviting his whole campground zone will be spotlighted, stripped naked, smeared with proseal, and rolled in tall grass. Likewise for those with bad manners. Think of it as VAF Rules with beer....keep it RV, and keep it nice.

That's it. We had a VERY good time last year, and it should be even better for 2014. Pray for good weather. See you there!

Last edited:
Count us in

Laura and I will be there:D

Thanks for taking the lead on this once again.

Awesome.

Last year was great, and I'm sure this year will be even better. It's obvious the fairy has the beer situation under control, but can/should people contribute in the way of snacks/potluck food items for people to graze on?

Last year was great, and I'm sure this year will be even better. It's obvious the fairy has the beer situation under control, but can/should people contribute in the way of snacks/potluck food items for people to graze on?

Like last year, Stein will be bringing a lot of munchies. If you also wish to toss a bag of potato chips to the lions, I am sure they will be eaten. However, a big goal here is keeping things simple. We're not getting into food service, or creating setup/clean up issues. If it needs a plate, a fork, or a serving line, forget it. The Beer Fairy ain't Martha Stewart.

Hungry folks should grab a sandwich on the way to the party. The Sacred Heart brat stand is just across the street, and last year the house next door was selling food and soft drinks.

Looking forward to it

This will be my first Oshkosh and looking forward to meeting all the fellow RV family. I will be there hopefully +1 :D

Dan, I don't want to get Prosealed but I am bringing a non-RV (non-Pilot) as a newbe to Oshkosh. He is interested in flying and I think we may be able to turn him into a RV pilot after he experiances flying to the show and the entire show experiance. I would like him to experiance "this part of the show" as well. Please Please Please?

I will be there and at the risk of being heretical I will bring some non-alcoholic beverages.

Very well. We'll be there.
We're even staying 'extra' long this year at the show.

Very well. We'll be there.
We're even staying 'extra' long this year at the show.

Thanks goodness...just make sure that someone brings enough cookies to last throughout the entire show this year. My daily delivery of treats in the booth was lacking last year (I only got homemade cookies 2 or 3 times throughout the week). Hopefully this year they will step up their game! :)

Look forward to seeing everyone there again this year. I'm going to try and convince Rhonda to make less of a spectacle this year, but she's had a hard time getting over the Spotted Cow Disease. Maybe she'll be recovered by OSH....

Cheers,
Stein

I do believe this beer fest was the highlight of my trip to Oshkosh last year. I'll admit, I drank a few more beers than I put in the poll but I did sign two of us up and my builder buddy flaked out at the last minute....only fair that I drank his, too.

Now if we're going to proseal and grass someone (or better yet a few someones) this year beer fest will be even better. I've got some proseal that's out of date that I'll bring for sure. No need to waste good proseal on a non-RVer. Waste not, want not.

Beer?

Jay and Carol will be there. Would not miss it!
If you have a name tag, wear it.
Maybe put you 'on line' name on there too.
And your type of RV

Oshkosh 2014

Thank you Nation Air. I was there last year and will attend this year.

I have a very competitive quote from them for my 6A for the upcoming year and will be sending them a check in June.

I'm hoping to make it to my first Oshkosh as well, sounds like a fun event! It would be great to meet folks face to face! I just renewed with NationAir, I'm very happy with how Jenny and Co has treated me so it's a great opportunity to thank them as well.

I'm thinking I'll camp, and this looks to be stumbling distance from HBC. Will there be progressive taxi/stumbling instructions available? Just in case..?

Doug

More beer!

Everyone needs to do some soul searching and be a little more realistic in their estimates of personal consumption levels for planning purposes. Last year the beer ran out way too soon! I would take whatever value this ostensibly moderate group of imbibers offers up for what they will drink and double it.
Had a great time last year in spite of the supply shortage.

Can't wait!

I am looking forward to flying into the show for the first time this year. After many Oshkosh outings, I am now able to fly in and camp. Thus I will be around on Monday night, and its good bet that when you mix RV'ers and beer, I will be there.

I'm thinking I'll camp, and this looks to be stumbling distance from HBC. Will there be progressive taxi/stumbling instructions available? Just in case..?

Ahhh, one of the many great things about the location. Look close at the map. There's shortcut beginning two doors east. Just take a heading of 360 across vendor parking, direct to HBC.

Last year was my first OSH and first social. Can't wait for #2!! Hoping the wx is as nice as last year.

We were sad to miss it last year thanks to a cancelled commercial flight that delayed our arrival. This year we're flying ourselves, albeit in something we can park in VAC, since our RV-7 is still in more parts than we'd like. Can't wait!

See you guys there. Thanks for putting this on again Dan, and thanks to Jenny at Nationair!

Me, too

I plan on attending this year. Although I've been coming to Oshkosh since 1973, this will be my first year to fly there in my RV-7A. Looking forward to it.

hwl8wg.jpg

Less than 60 days now. The old girl placed the beer order....compared to last year, twice as many kegs and twice as many taps. Maybe that will prevent trampling of the small, old, or weak.

Just got off the phone with my wife... she's getting the time off so we will (barring failed hearts, leaky aneurysms or roadkill) be there for our first Airventure and our first RV social. Unfortunately we won't be flying in and SWMBO does not camp, so we'll arrive on two or four wheels instead of three. Really looking forward to meeting some of you!

I will definitely be there, +1. Here's a quick shot of last years festivities. Someone here must have two beers in their hands.

IMG_0513.JPG

I retire from the Air Force at end of August but with terminal leave will have plenty of time to join the fun. Should have the plane parked there as well. It will be ugly 1/2 paint no wheel pants, fresh off phase I, but the crowd needs to see them unfinished as well. After a few beers the planes owner will be equally unfinished.

This is the highlight of Oshkosh for me. I may be unable to spend time at OSH this year, but I'm pretty sure I'll drive over just for this. Thanks, Dan, for organizing.

Will see you there Bugsy! Val and I will be attending! We hope to arrive on Saturday and will be staying in the camping area supporting the Eagles Nest Project.

Spend a little time off vansairforce.net and see what happens? People start talking about you. Stein, I promise not to make a spectacle if you promise to give me my booth space back. Deal?

This year I say cups that turn pink. What do you say ladies? Tonya...Melinda...anyone there?

Spend a little time off vansairforce.net and see what happens? People start talking about you. Stein, I promise not to make a spectacle if you promise to give me my booth space back. Deal?

This year I say cups that turn pink. What do you say ladies? Tonya...Melinda...anyone there?

Touche' my dear! Can't wait to see you there, pink cups or not.....

Stop by my/your booth on your way over and pick us up! :)

Yes!

I like the idea of pink cups! :p As long as there is some good beer in them though, it really won't matter! And after a few beers, nobody will be able to tell what color they are...:D

Six weeks to go!

Be sure to show your sponsors a little love; the 4-digit beer kitty is now filling like, well.....a pink cup.

NationAir Insurance
Kitplanes
Barrett Precision Engines
JD Air
Perry Hill Auto
GRT
TruTrak
Delta Pop Aviation
EXP Aircraft Services
SteinAir

711f5u.jpg

Last edited:
Since I'm on the poster, I guess I better show up too! Really looking forward to it, the comaraderi, oh, and the beer.

Not only are you on that poster, but I think Dan told me the "Beer Fairy" herself is modeled after you!!! :)

It's nice to see the new sponsors on board, hopefully now we won't run out of beverages this year....

Cheers,
Stein

All But 2

Be sure to show your sponsors a little love;

NationAir Insurance
Kitplanes
Barrett Precision Engines
JD Air
Perry Hill Auto
GRT
TruTrak
Delta Pop Aviation
EXP Aircraft Services
SteinAir

So far, we've given money to all but 2 of the sponsors, many on several occasions and some with way too many zeros after the $$$, and the -8 isn't done yet!

Yeah, I know, get out the checkbook and have another beer.

So far, we've given money to all but 2 of the sponsors, many on several occasions and some with way too many zeros after the $$$, and the -8 isn't done yet.:.

Yeah, but you're going to get a pink cup AND a blue cup ;)

So far, we've given money to all but 2 of the sponsors, many on several occasions and some with way too many zeros after the $$$, and the -8 isn't done yet!

Yeah, I know, get out the checkbook and have another beer.

Four sponsors have some of my money..and I didn't even build my plane.

Not only are you on that poster, but I think Dan told me the "Beer Fairy" herself is modeled after you!!! :)

It's nice to see the new sponsors on board, hopefully now we won't run out of beverages this year....

Cheers,
Stein

I'm "Fattered".. That's one good looking Beer Fairy.

Back