What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proud caretaker of an RV-10!

vas4vans

Friend
After a crazy 3 week period at the beginning of which I seriously started looking for an RV-10, I flew home today from Albuquerque in the plane that was posted by Guy Prevost a couple of weeks ago on the forum! We completed the transaction on Tuesday, I got my 5 hours of transition training yesterday and flew it home today (KRHV in the Bay Area) including a landing and a takeoff at Fox field (KWJF) in winds that were 22G29 which the plane handled like a champ!

This forum has been fantastic in providing a lot of good input and some people that contributed very directly who I'd like to thank:

Guy (obviously) - he was fantastic and really went above and beyond to help me understand the plane and its systems!
Don Ecckers - he was extremely helpful leading up to the purchase and came out to Albquerque to do the pre-buy!
Lee Otto - he did an awesome job on the transition training with the short window we had!
Bob Turner - he gave me a demo flight and a whole lot of information about an RV-10. I look forward to flying with him now to learn more about the plane.

I'm obviously exhilarated but also terrified that I now have to take on responsibility for the maintenance that I had happily abdicated to my club A&P's in the past! I look forward to learning a lot more from all the awesome folks on the forum.

Thanks!

Vas

Attachments

• N649BG at KRHV.jpeg
    N649BG at KRHV.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Congratulations on the new 10. I am sure you will make plenty of great memories with it. Beautiful ride!
Fly safe!

Keith

Good move

I had mine for 11 years ‘til my kidneys quit. Best 11 years of ownership that I ever had…..👍

Regards,

Congratulations and enjoy the ride. Awesome machines.

Could not help to notice no back seats installed?

Congratulations and enjoy the ride. Awesome machines.

Could not help to notice no back seats installed?
Thanks! The seats got taken out to transport the disassembled tug that you can see in the foreground of the photo :)!

Back