What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LORD engine mounts

I ordered Van's EA DYNA VI-STD, which currently costs $125. The engine needs four of these things. Ain't cheap.

Haven't attempted installation yet, since I haven't started the fuselage yet.

Dave
RV-3B, O-320, currently mounting aileron hinges

I checked all over the web

I just purchased four Lord mounts a couple of weeks ago from Chief Aircraft.
They had the cheapest price I could find at this time at $147.95 each.
Others were close and over two hundred each. :eek:
The number I used was J9513-40. I also have the mounts that came from Vans with the firewall forward kit but if you search the forums you'll find that they aren't nearly as good as the Lords and they will let the engine sag quite a bit in a short time. Everywhere and everyone I talked to told me the J9513-40 mounts are for the O-320 and O-360 Lycoming and clones.

Yes.
Vans used to sell another brand, but they went away, and Vans switched to Lords. This happened about 4 years ago.

Mounting confusion ?

I have a -3 FWF kit circa 2009. The LORD rubbers from Vans are J6113-1. I read this number in archive threads and thought all is good. The rubbers have CLOCKING pin holes but there are none in the mount flanges. The rubbers are also the same thickness within .020 or so. There no thick and thin, more firm for the load side of the respective mounts ( top vs bottom).

Above I read two different numbers for 0320 . Are these dynamical ? Is J6113-1 the right thing to use for simple 0320 conical. Thanks in advance. Get answers quicker here than from Vans.

Engine Mounts for O-320 Conical mounts

I did some research today and found out the part #'s for engine rubber bushing mounts for my RV4 Conical mount are Lord part # J-6230-1 Spruce # 07-01138
Aircraft spruce had the best price believe it or not

Do the Lords mounts have limited shelf life? I bought a set 3 years ago and have yet to hang the engine.

They do have a cure date on them. 3 years is no problem. When their time is up, you will see cracks on the surface.

just got mine and it specifically says 5 years shelf life
I just found a set of Lord J-9613-12 mounts. They have a cure date on the label of 4/12 but no documentation in the box.

I assume these are not worth using?

EDIT: I found this thread via search. Just noticed this is the RV-3 section. The mounts I found were for an RV-10 but regardless, the age is the primary concern.

Last edited:
Back