What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Titan IO-370 engine arrives!

Walt

Well Known Member
Just thought I'd post a quick pic of the new Titan IO-370 engine for my bird. If it performs as good as it looks I'll be a happy camper :D

The 370 is equipped with 9.6 CR pistons, counter balanced crank, AFP FM150 FI, dual Bendix mags, rated at 195HP!
Thanks to JB at Titan who has been absolutely great to work with.
Now I gotta find the time to get this baby installed.

2019013117021090-IMG_0602-L.jpg

Last edited:
Looking Good!

Looks great Walt. Same color scheme as the one I bought from Aerosport Power in 2010 (mine is the 8:0 CR version).
Just curious, what prop are you going to run on this engine?

Hoping to see my own Titan sometime mid/late march. So far I agree J.B. has been easy to work with.

Looks great Walt. Same color scheme as the one I bought from Aerosport Power in 2010 (mine is the 8:0 CR version).
Just curious, what prop are you going to run on this engine?

New Hartzell BA 74" from Van's. My old Hartzell BA had the original slimmer blades so I was forced to upgrade to the new one with thicker blades to handle the extra HP.

Very nice. Looks very familiar. Interesting that you opted for mags and no EI, although you can't do better than Bendix.

Very nice. Looks very familiar. Interesting that you opted for mags and no EI, although you can't do better than Bendix.

I've basically had every type of EI on the old engine, with mixed results.
But on this engine with high CR one has to be a bit more careful with advanced ignition timing. Maybe down the road (after the warranty is up) I'll consider going to an EI but it would have to be a fully programmable unit to control timing carefully. I also plan on doing lots of cross country with this engine and I like the idea of easy maintenance should an issue arise out in the 'boonies'.

I also plan on doing lots of cross country with this engine and I like the idea of easy maintenance should an issue arise out in the 'boonies'.

It's a beautiful motor! Some day I will get myself something like that :D

Back