What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Virginia Reeves

These are such hard things and hard times and, while there's a certain beauty in the natural order of things, it's a tragic part of the journey, for sure.

There is, of course, nothing that can be said that makes anything easier. So just know that we are all thinking of you and the reason we are speaks of the kind of gal your mom obviously was and continues to be in the mark she left on the planet.

In fact, there's a young lady at SMU who's just started to analyze chemicals to look for trends between stress and depression, I hear. Think of where that can -- and someday, will -- lead and the lives that will make better of people who aren't even born yet. Wouldn't be possible were it not for Doug. Wouldn't be possible had Virginia Reeves not walked among us.

And this is how she will do so forever.

Deepest sympathies from Carolie and Me to Doug and the entire Reeves clan.

Last edited:
Sincere sympathies to the Reeves family. We feel this loss with you and share in the joy and the hope and the faith that Virginia gave to her family.

Merrill

Doug and family - So sorry to hear this. Loosing a parent (and grandparent) is very difficult, or was for us. Prayers for you and the entire family. Bill and Jane

Doug
My sincerest condolences for the loss of your Mom. I wish for you and your family the strength to navigate through this difficult time.

Deepest condolences

It's been 25 years since my mother passed away and I still think of her every day, but I also thank God for having had her for my mother. My prayers will be with you.

Obviously a very lucky lady who had a son willing to visit so often over the past few months. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Aaron

Sorry to hear this, my condolences. I really enjoyed the stories you shared about your mom on VAF, sounded like quite a lady.

I've seen various versions of the following, attributed to different people, so I'll just pass it along without crediting the original author, with apologies. I found it comforting when I lost my parents:

I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white
sails to the morning breeze and starts
for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until at length
she hangs like a speck of white cloud
just where the sea and sky come
to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says;
"There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"
Gone from my sight. That is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull
and spar as she was when she left my side
and she is just as able to bear her
load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone
at my side says, "There, she is gone!"
There are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout;
"Here she comes!"
And that is dying.

Very very sorry Doug... you should have had more time. Glad for the trips you did make. Prayers....

Mom

Very sorry for your loss, Doug.

It is a wonderful thing that you, via the airplane that you built, were able to visit with your Mom so many times in the last few weeks. I am sure that it brought great comfort to her.

Tom

Mom

Doug, condolences from the Palinkas family. Stay strong for Audrey and Tate.
As always, your VAF family is here for you.

With a sadden heart my condolences to you and you family best of luck and hang in there. It's interesting how this affects so many and how widespread the love is from everyone. Thank you to all that have keep me going on my continued battle to finish my plane.
Scott Detton
8A
Received Airworthy Cert 8-28-14

Mom

Sorry to hear this news, Doug. I hope there was time for kisses and goodbyes. Rest assured that she raised some fine children, and that they in turn are sending her fine grandchildren into the future.

MOTHER

Very sorry for your loss, Doug Reeves.
I'm sure, though, that your mother is very much better now, free of the burdens of her body.

"In death, we, the surviving ones, are the ones that suffer. We have to go on carrying the weight of the loss of the loved ones gone."

God Bless you and your beautiful family.
Greg.

Condolences-1-HK.jpg

Sorry to hear this. You are not alone.
Condolences from my family as well as our Ohio Valley RVators.

Terrible loss for the family.
Your mother raised a terrific family, and she would be very proud of all of you.
My condolences to all.
John

I'm so very sad and sorry to hear about your Mom's passing, Doug. I lost my Dad about a year ago and my son Paul almost 3 years ago. It brings tears to my eyes as I type this, knowing what you're going through. Life isn't always fair. Your Mom was obviously a very special and incredible person. She leaves a legacy and a beautiful family to carry on. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family during this difficult time. God bless you and yours.

Doug and family. So sorry for your Moms passing. I am here for you if you need anything.

Doug,

Sorry to hear this sad news. My family's prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Julio

So very sorry for your loss. All the Van's community members are heartbroken. Condolences to you and your family.

Thoughts and Prayers

Doug and Family,
My thoughts and prayers are indeed with you. While I never met your Mom, she must have been very special to have raised a son and family such as you and yours. Thanks for all that you have shared during this trying time. Godspeed, Virginia!

Condolences

Condolences from my family to yours. So sorry for the lose of your mom. My wife and I attended the Bristol nascar race a few weeks ago and I wanted to get a picture of my VAF hat on Dale Jr's car. I thought that would of put a smile on her face. I did not get the picture but we were thinking of her.

My deepest condolences. Losing family is hard. You can tell how much my Mom meant to me by the planned paint scheme of 14MX, so I can imagine how much your incredible mother meant to you. I'd like to tell you that the pain goes but you DO learn to live with it and honor their memory in your life. To the soul of Virginia Reeves, RIP; your son is doing you proud.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Doug.
Losing a parent is never easy. Take solice in the condolences posted here and recognize that the pain of her loss will eventually subside.
She was your biggest fan and always will be...!!

Gerry Peterson
Merritt Island, Fl

So sorry for your loss

As you know your mom is in a better place. Our thoughts are with you.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I'm glad that you were able to use your RV to spend some quality time with her.

Doug.... Our sincere condolences and prayers from all of us here in Twin Cities RV Builders Group.

Back