What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Final Inspection

Ivan Kristensen

Well Known Member
On Friday June 11, RV-10 SN 40838 registred C-GMDV passed final inspection. Here in Canada the cowl. all inspection plates, seat and interior has to be removed for the inspector to be able to do his work.

Now I have to wait for the paperwork to be processed, which will take a week or two. In the mean time I will put the plane back together and ready it and my self for the first flight.

My flying and building buddy Art Penner took some video and posted it on utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBnAm8lbfGE&feature=email

For the inspection we have to start the engine as the inspector has to be able to see the instrumentation and engine controls are all working correctly.

Congratulations and awesome video. So they make you run-up and taxi for your inspection?

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just talked to the local FAA official this last week, he wanted the plane in an opened up condition, same as if I were doing a annual condition inspection.

Interesting comment he made to me was "torque stripe is your best friend". In other words, he likes to see fasteners marked with it.

Congrats on passing your inspection.

Congratulations Ivan! I will be waiting to hear about your first flight and the many hours of pleasure you have ahead of you. I hope to see you down in Florida in your new airplane one of these days.

Best regards,
David

Congratulations!

Ivan
I'm sure it's nice to have that checked off the to do list.
Looking forward to the first flight video.

Wayne Millson

Grats

Ivan,

I am so happy for you. I have been visiting your website just about weekly to watch your build thread! Someday......... I'll have one too!

Great looking airplane, cant wait to see it in person!

Bill Hempel

Good Job!
I had mine yesterday and passed with no corrections other than I was missing one FAA :)form. I am ready to fly off my 25 hrs in the Smokey Mountains. Good luck fellow RV10er.

Randy Means
N595RV

I had the chance to look at Ivan's plane today and he should be proud of what he has done. His workmanship is nice and tidy with a lot of thought put into various features. His carbon fibre panel is a very real piece of work and gives the plane a professional look. He even made a nice overhead console using model airplane techniques. Nice Job Ivan.

Congratulations also, we had our final scheduled for last Sat. but had to cancel due to our seat belts being stuck in customes since May 23. Still no word on them today. Just walked into the house from transition training in Maryland with Zackair in Van's RV-10. Three of us all got the training we required and glad we went. I won't crash your party and post details later on my own post.
Take it slow, Ron

Back