What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Virginia Beach museum

rwarre

Well Known Member
Anyone been to the air museum in Virginia Beach? I saw on the military channel that they have one of the largest collection of warbirds.

We went out there a couple of years ago. It is worth the drive. We got to see the P51 fly as well as a Stearman.

Funny you should mention that...

The maintenance facility for the Military Aviation Museum used to be at Suffolk Airport before they moved it to new facilities at the museum in Virginia Beach. The hangar at Suffolk is still used to store some of the museum's airplanes. I delivered the RV-1 to Suffolk yesterday and we put it in the hangar along side the only flyable ME-262 in the world. They make quite a pair!

rv1me262.jpg

(Pardon the picture quality. I'm a pilot, not a photographer.)

The upcoming Military Aviation Museum's WARBIRDS OVER THE BEACH event is May 18th through 20th. Check out their website for directions. This is not a fly-in event unless you have been specifically invited. There will be a few RV's in attendance.

Anyone been to the air museum in Virginia Beach? I saw on the military channel that they have one of the largest collection of warbirds.

It is definitely worth a visit if you have any interest in warbirds.

Va Military Aviation Museum

Absolutely an interesting place to visit. Chuckie, a B-17 that was based at the Vintage Flight Museum in Fort Worth, now calls Virginia home. We visited family at Va Beach last August so I had to stop in to see Chuckie. Don't know if they still call her Chuckie but there has been a lot of TLC put into her since the move.

Back