What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery " box " storage

Stewbronco

Well Known Member
Hi .. relocating battery to forward face of firewall . Leaves the original battery " box" between legs as good spot for storage ?! Looking for pictures if anyone has done this. Many thanks. Stew

A good spot for what I call useful ballast - tools, water, etc. Helps with aft CG issues. I use that area in my 6.

Ed Holyoke

I use that space for storage when my wife and I do an XC trip for balance reasons. I stuff the heaviest things up there. The only thing is it's pretty small so you won't be able to fit big items in there. I use a case/ bag for my drill and it fits perfectly in there. Will take a picture for you when I get to the hangar this weekend.

I'm considering getting a custom made smoke tank in there. It probably can't hold more than about 2 gallons though...

Hey Stew,
Had alot of requests for pics of my my original "battery box baggage" setup in my RV4 The Bandit from (back in 97'). Hinged at front, cabinet latch at rear, holds oil, canopy cover, tools, chocks etc...easy to install and its all fwd of CG.

Win win...
V/R
Smokey

Last edited:
Back