What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Locking Gas Caps

HIIFLY

Well Known Member
I bought these Gas caps from "[email protected] " he engraved them for me and did a Really Great ! Job . A Super Guy to work with and I highly recomend him to all . ;) Joe Ross N808H RV-8

DSCN0937.jpg

I bought these Gas caps from "[email protected] " he engraved them for me and did a Really Great ! Job . A Super Guy to work with and I highly recomend him to all . ;) Joe Ross N808H RV-8

Did you install these as a retro fit? Any issues with install the new flange? I assume that it's just prosealed on top of the existing one?

Gas Caps

Yes it is a retrofit and I did use the tank sealant to Glue the RINGS in .
It was very easy to do .
The Keys work easily when you turn them , not hard to turn or over center snap like the Vans original lift tab type.
I Really like them . :)

Yes it is a retrofit and I did use the tank sealant to Glue the RINGS in .
It was very easy to do .
The Keys work easily when you turn them , not hard to turn or over center snap like the Vans original lift tab type.
I Really like them . :)

Do the andair flanges go inside the old flange or do the new andair caps use the original riveted in flange to hold them tight? I ask because I think the original fuel caps that vans supplies use a different flange than the deluxe caps that Van offers as an upgrade.

Do the andair flanges go inside the old flange or do the new andair caps use the original riveted in flange to hold them tight?/quote]

Yes and use tank sealant (aka Pro Seal) to hold them in place.

I ask because I think the original fuel caps that vans supplies use a different flange than the deluxe caps that Van offers as an upgrade.

Correct....

Do the andair flanges go inside the old flange or do the new andair caps use the original riveted in flange to hold them tight? I ask because I think the original fuel caps that vans supplies use a different flange than the deluxe caps that Van offers as an upgrade.

The deluxe caps supplied by Van's use their own riveted in flange so can really only be fitted during build.

The Andair caps use a flange that is glued (prosealed) into the original Van's flange. The company that makes the deluxe caps also makes retrofit caps (same design and less expensive than the Andair caps).

Pete

The deluxe caps supplied by Van's use their own riveted in flange so can really only be fitted during build.

The Andair caps use a flange that is glued (prosealed) into the original Van's flange. The company that makes the deluxe caps also makes retrofit caps (same design and less expensive than the Andair caps).

Pete

Got it. Thanks.

I vaguely remember there being locking or non-locking caps avail. when I bought my deluxe but it was a while ago. I have the non-locking, which are nice compared to the Van's standard caps, but I might want to upgrade to locking someday. Especially when Avgas goes over $10/gal in the next couple years or so.

You can buy locking replacements for the deluxe caps, although the price will be nearly as much as you paid in the first place. Email sales at glosterairparts.co.uk.

Back