What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What color Shoulder Harness.

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
I am getting ready to order Crow harnesses and they only come in Black, Red, Blue and Grey. My problem is I have a tan leather interior with Almond paint inside. Would like to see what others have done. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

of the color choices, black would work best.... I had 'em in black and my interior was tan.. it actually worked very well..

I am getting ready to order Crow harnesses and they only come in Black, Red, Blue and Grey. My problem is I have a tan leather interior with Almond paint inside. Would like to see what others have done. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Black & tan :D
877826449_HSmE6-M.jpg

Black

I have a two-tone Grey/Light Grey interior. I went with a solid black 5 point Hooker set up.
It has been my experience that lighter colored seat belts begin looking dirty after a very short time.
Keep in mind that they will be handled very often (every time you buckle or un-buckle).
I had light grey belts installed in an older Piper Cherokee that I used to own.
They began looking stained in certain areas over the course of use.

I agree the black looks fine.

I looked at Hooker belts but unless I read the price wrong they are more than double the price of Crow. $310.00 for Crow and over $700.00 for Hooker.

Cheap Hookers

Hooker Harnesses keeps an inventory of reduced price goods -- I think they were order returns due to buyers change of color selection. At the time I bought for my 7A, they had two for that model, out of a list of about 25 items. IIRC, they were 40 or 50% off list. The one I choose was black with Turquoise trim pads, since I planned some blue on the exterior of the plane.

Another thought: I have wondered about using different colors for the left and right sides in order to minimize lap belt/harness confusion on boarding. Probably overkill for the minor inconvenience, but operational performance/utility trumps fashion in my way of thinking.

Mike

Something else to consider

Hooker will sew the shoulder and seat belt pads with your fabric if you send it to them. It's a nice touch.

'
DSC00283.JPG

Black

I used black (Hooker but that does not matter) and in 5 years they still look new because all the grubby things that happen over the years does not leave an impossible to clean situation. Black does not show the dirt!:) Any other color can be like the collar of a dress shirt and with use will need more frequent cleaning. The fabric in harnesses is difficult to clean.:(

Back