What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VM1000 display overhaul by Reggie

gnuse

Well Known Member
I felt I should share my experience with the support that Reggie gives the VM1000 owners.

The VM1000 display in my RV-8 was disappearing into darkness....literally.

Reggie has been one of the benefits that comes with participating on the VAF forums. He supports a product that was very popular and suffered from a company being sold and its product line being discontinued intentionally.

I want to share what my display looked like and what it looks like today after he refurbished it. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Th2gKjQh.jpg

urgH5jsh.jpg

No flash in either picture. Just different hangar lighting.

Last edited:
I should mention that Reggie stated that his new display is whiter than the original blue display. I think the pictures above confirm that.

The price was reasonable and the turn-around was less than a week.

Glad to hear Reggie was able to help you save your VM1000; he put my VM1000C unit back in working order a year or so ago. These are great displays and I?m happy to spread the word that Reggie is able to help trouble shoot units that are acting goofy.

Reggie fixed our VM1000 after my Dad pushed on the screen and cracked it. Works great! He did exactly what he said he was going to do. Plus he answered a bunch of questions (both before and after I wrote him a check) and has been generous with info and support.

DEM

Fellow Aviators,

Thank you so much for all the kind words, this is what makes it all worthwhile to be part of the experimental community!

Back