What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pre-buy/conditional for RV-6A at KSRQ (Sarasota-Bradenton, FL)

Hello all, I am looking for a pre-buy and potentially a conditional inspection for a RV-6A based in Sarasota-Bradenton airport, FL (KSRQ). I am not local to the area. Any suggestions for an A&P with Vans RV experience who I can get in contact with for the pre-buy/conditional? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks and happy flying! - Imon

Thanks, Carlos. I am in touch with Vic. But he has to fly down there, which makes the cost/logistics more challenging. That's why I am also looking for someone (more) local. - Imon

Condition

Hello all, I am looking for a pre-buy and potentially a conditional inspection for a RV-6A based in Sarasota-Bradenton airport, FL (KSRQ). I am not local to the area. Any suggestions for an A&P with Vans RV experience who I can get in contact with for the pre-buy/conditional? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks and happy flying! - Imon

Please!!!! It is a CONDITION inspection, not a conditional inspection.

other options

Just in case Jesse Saint and Vic Syracuse aren't available on your timeline, here's how to get a fair prebuy examination (it's technically not an inspection and doesn't go in the log book).

Call EAA chapters within the 50 mile radius of where the aircraft is located.

1st choice - take an A&P with you down to do the prebuy exam, preferably the one who will be doing the condition inspection when its due later in the year.

2nd choice - an A&P familiar with RVs who is local but not on the field where the aircraft is kept

3rd choice - an A&P not familiar with RVs, assisted by a builder willing to help with disassembly of the various hinge pins, floor plates and panels.

4th choice - an experienced builder who is willing to look it over closely and give you lots of information for you to decide

In every case, put down a deposit to hold your place in line so you can look diligently. Be prepared to pay for a good thorough prebuy and be thankful for any you pay for that keep you from buying a plane that is not right for you.

I looked closely at 5, yes FIVE RV-7s before I purchased the one I'm flying now. If you're fortunate you'll find the right one in the first couple of attempts.

I recommend getting pictures of the log books ahead of time and going over them with the A&P who will be signing off your condition inspections locally. Get as many detailed pictures as you can to go with those log books. That way you can feel comfortable about the local A&P who will be responsible for making an airworthy determination once a year isn't going to freak out when you pull it in for the first time. You'll know what you are up against if there are any squawks or issues that need to be fixed before the sale or negotiated into the price.

Conditional Purchase

The offer may be "Subject to" or "Conditional" on the results of the Pre-Buy Inspection. Assuming the buyer is located far away and may have offered less than the asking price he/she may be correct with Conditional. :D

Back