What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New to South Bay

pjc

Well Known Member
I’m wrapping up a slow-motion move to the Bay Area with my RV-6, now based at E16 (San Martin). Unfortunately a bunch of stuff timed out during the process including:

Me - I need a Flight review and therefore an instructor willing to do a FR in my RV or with something interesting to rent so I can learn something new (unusual attitudes perhaps?)

The airplane - will need a CI this month. I inherited a bunch of DNA from the builder, but not the Repairman’s Cert, so will need an A&P. I’m happy to do the grungy work but also appreciate an experienced pair of eyes look over everything (and provide a signature). Anyone local with RV experience you can recommend?

Also seeking formation enthusiasts with RV’s — especially any who fly regularly. I’ve heard rumors there a group at Watsonville, but haven’t managed to connect. Pointers appreciated.

Reply here or by PM welcome.
Peter

Hi Peter, welcome to the Bay Area!

Lots of RVs in Watsonville and Livermore, both with active EAA chapters that probably can help with the CI and BFR.

We have 4 RVs in Half Moon Bay (two 7's, one 8, one 10) and we like to fly, including fledgling formation work. Come and visit; KHAF has at least 6 good restaurants to enjoy within an easy walk of the south ramp. The on field grub hub is in renovation, but rumored to open soon-ish. (none of us locals are holding our breadth, tho)

Back