What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 MikeW Anaheim CA

FlyBoy8

Well I slapped this wing stand together a few years ago hoping it would motivate me to start building again. Didn't work. Then we moved two years ago and the disassembled stand sat on the side of the house for over a year. I finally started building again and so i brought the stand in the garage and put it together. I quickly found out i didn't do that great of a job on it and was afraid to trust it with the wings so I ended up spending quite a bit of time redoing it. Anyway it seems about ready. Onward and upward.
https://michaelwhaley.smugmug.com/RV-8-2021/n-zr83QL/i-MwhV5ZG/A

A

Last edited:
A real build!

I love seeing the slow build pics!..took me 15 years to build my -4 amongst "life happens" challenges. Keep up the work, and the reward will be there when its done. When I look through my build photos, my son was often in the shop with me, and the first pics building the tail he was about 2 years old, the last pictures he was in high school and the backseat just after the 40hr. phase one...time flies, but so will your plane.

Back