What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 Headset Jack Wire Routing

cjf154

What is the best route for headset wiring when using the Aerosport center console in an RV 10?

I'm planning to use the Aerosport center console. I'm planning to install all the headset jacks in the console with the pilot/copilot jacks located in the console and the rear passenger jacks in the rear of the console. I'm building my wiring harness now and I'm unsure of the best way to route the headset wires to this location.

I can see three options:

1. From center subpanel straight down the middle under the aerosport console <- this is my favorite option as it seems more direct.
2. Down the left or right side then under the pilot/copilot seat
3. Down the left or right side then under the passengers feet

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ya3LT6f5UQvFgGpXA

Last edited:
I'm in the same position as you. I've drilled holes into the bottom edge of the aerosport circuit breaker panel for bushings to hold the three control push-pulls and the headset wires. I figured that down the back of the circuit breaker, then next to the fuel switch extension and throttle quadrant, on top of the tunnel cover, was the simplest routing. Under the seats would work, too, but I'm trying to limit how much stuff crosses under and around unnecessarily. Just down the middle seemed to be simpler and a shorter wire run.

What is the best route for headset wiring when using the Aerosport center console in an RV 10?

I'm planning to use the Aerosport center console. I'm planning to install all the headset jacks in the console with the pilot/copilot jacks located in the console and the rear passenger jacks in the rear of the console. I'm building my wiring harness now and I'm unsure of the best way to route the headset wires to this location.

I can see three options:

1. From center subpanel straight down the middle under the aerosport console <- this is my favorite option as it seems more direct.

I agree with your intuition for option #1. That's where mine are routed. Put a disconnect plug somewhere (mines right under panel) so you can get console out for annual inspections.

I agree with your intuition for option #1. That's where mine are routed. Put a disconnect plug somewhere (mines right under panel) so you can get console out for annual inspections.

I haven't purchased the console yet so I wasn't sure if the wiring would fit or if I was missing some nuance. Thanks for the confirmation Randy!

Randy,

What sort of plug did you use as a disconnect?

Patrick

I can see three options:

Installing my avionics and wiring right now. I’m opting for #1 as well. Laying on top the tunnel cover and going around the quadrant under the console. Not adding any disconnect just removable panels so if I have to remove console the panels come off with the Lemos and jacks intact.

Keith

Back