What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another build sequence question

2of5

I anticipate being finished with my tail kit in the next couple of months, and wanted to see if anyone else followed this sequence:

I was considering ordering the SB fuse kit next, very soon given the 10 week lead times, then when that gets close to done ordering the finishing kit. Reason being is that I haven't quite decided on whether or not I will be going QB on the wings. No matter which way, I'll have a complete airplane minus wings and engine up on gear. It's out of the normal order of things, but any drawbacks?

Hi Todd

I believe the Lycoming warranty starts 2 years after you receive the engine or first engine start.
That may influence your decision on QB wings or not.

The center section carry through typically ships with the wings as a matched set to the spars, even though it's a fuselage assembly.

Don't know if its a problem to order the other way around, but that's one consideration.

I anticipate being finished with my tail kit in the next couple of months, and wanted to see if anyone else followed this sequence:

I was considering ordering the SB fuse kit next, very soon given the 10 week lead times, then when that gets close to done ordering the finishing kit. Reason being is that I haven't quite decided on whether or not I will be going QB on the wings. No matter which way, I'll have a complete airplane minus wings and engine up on gear. It's out of the normal order of things, but any drawbacks?

Make sure you order the W-00026 template with the fuse, you'll need it in a couple of spots. It normally ships in the wing kit.

Yes, my plane is all slow build and I went tail, fuselage, finish, wing. No big deal at all with the -14

Back