What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip Up Instrument Cover

Geeman

Well Known Member
Numerous times I have seen a cover sewn up the goes from panel to subpanel to help keep water of the back side of the panel. Velcro's on. Unable to find a source. Is someone still selling those? Any help appreciated.

I just went to the Jo-Ann's fabric store and bought a piece of Nauga-hide and cut it to fit. Used the wife's sewing machine to sew the fuzzy side of the velcro on. By the way the measurement between the panel and sub panel is more on the RV 7 and 9 the the dimension on the RV6...

Did a similar thing on my tip up -6, except I used marine canvas (pick your color). Velcro allows for easy removal.

SWMBO made one for us. Light waterproof tent nylon. Not a fan of adhesive backed velcro. I have deleted it from nearly all the places I used it on the craft. Replaced with mechanical fasteners. I guess it is possible that a 2 component adhesive could survive the high temperatures from parking on a ramp but the plain old sticky back stuff will not. Fortunately for this application, only a few spots need to adhere at any one time.

Back