What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Greetings from a newbie and another 9A underway

PBell

Sponsor
Howdy, I took delivery of my tail section on Wednesday. Inventory revealed two damaged rudder skins, new skins coming. Also my plans had RV8 HS and rudder plans (no 9 plans). So I started the VS first. I?m at 9 hrs on build time and will prime tomorrow.
Been a long time lurker and have come out. Great info here, hopefully I won?t burden with too many questions. Posting pics on pbell1733.wordpress.com

Welcome aboard. VS is a good place to start anyway. Might as well order an extra elevator trim tab skin while you are at it, takes a couple tries on the bending;) good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

That is a good suggestion to start on the VS rather than the HS. It is easier to build and will allow you to gain confidence.

Pay attention to your air pressure when riveting. Here is a link to suggested air pressures. They are much lower than you would expect.

Also, you might want to think about dropping the "A" and put the little wheel on the proper end. Also, when it comes to select a primer, pick the best one. Oh, and don't forget that if you pick a slider, it is probably the wrong choice and if you go with a tip-up, it too is probably the wrong choice.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Welcome!! You're in the right place. If it wasn't for VAF and peoples various build sites there is no way I would be doing this.

Back