What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kent Gorton?

bkthomps

Well Known Member
Anyone had any luck talking to him in oh, say, the past year? I've emailed and called, left voicemails.....nothin

Just wanting to get some tailwheel time before I make my decision to go nosegear or not......saw him flying at an airshow and seemed like he was more than qualified :D

Flew transition time with him last Thursday. I think he is on vacation this week. His email and phone both work fine.

good guy

I did my transition with him, OMG what a guy. My insurance co told me i had to have ten hours in type. He called the insurance co after 5 hours and told them I was ready to go! They went for it!. Then he called the FAA and asked them if he could give me my tailwheel indorsement at the same time because i owned a 4 and thats what i would be flying, they went for it! Not only saved me big bucks, but knows what he's doing!. :D

He definitely provides great training for a great price. I did my transition training with him last month and it was an awesome experience. Kent provides a really thorough transition course and I felt more than ready to jump in my 4 when we completed the training.

He also did an excellent pre-buy inspection for me and found a lot of things on the aircraft that another inspector had missed.

Lastly, his work is top notch. He's been doing some work on my 4 and everything he has done has been excellent. My plane is in his hangar right now getting a new panel installed.

dkol, saw your plane while I was down there- looks great! I want to see your panel when it's done, it sounds like the one I have in my head for my project

dkol, saw your plane while I was down there- looks great! I want to see your panel when it's done, it sounds like the one I have in my head for my project

Thanks. It's definitely starting to come together. When I was hunting for an RV to purchase my main aim was to find a well constructed aircraft as a starting point and then go from there. Once the panel is installed Kent should be sending me some photos and I'll post them. I think it will be a very clean setup.

Back