What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What kit has the tailwheel?

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I have the whole tailwheel assembly that came with the fuse kit but I can’t locate the wheel on hand or in the inventory. Can’t remember having a wheel. Does it come in the finishing kit or is it a totally separate purchase?

What wheels are available that fit on the standard vans spring assembly that fit on the same tailwheel yoke?

I have the whole tailwheel assembly that came with the fuse kit but I can’t locate the wheel on hand or in the inventory. Can’t remember having a wheel. Does it come in the finishing kit or is it a totally separate purchase?

What wheels are available that fit on the standard vans spring assembly that fit on the same tailwheel yoke?

I think the main wheels and the tail wheel come in the finishing kit.

Yup, it comes with the finishing kit. Unless, of course, you go with an upgraded unit and delete it from your finish kit order. I've got a Bell fork with the deluxe wheel from Flyboy Accessories.

Seems lots of folks are going with the newer Condor fork as well and have good things to say about it. I considered it pretty seriously, but in the end didn't want to deal with a tailwheel tire that I had to keep aired up.

The tailwheel and associated parts come with the Fuselage kit. The mains come in the finish kit with the gear legs.

The tailwheel and associated parts come with the Fuselage kit. The mains come in the finish kit with the gear legs.

Presumably this is for your RV-7? If so, then I think we can conclude that this varies by model. Why, I don't know, but apparently the wheel comes with the fuselage for the -7, and the finish for the -8.

Let's make sure we're clear on what models we're talking about, especially since the original question pertains to the -8.

I think we can conclude that this varies by model.

Let's make sure we're clear on what models we're talking about, especially since the original question pertains to the -8.

You are correct. I have a 7 not the 8 and clearly didn't read enough before replying.

Back