What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JD Air New Product Announcement 9/5/13

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
JD Air is proud to announce our redesigned Fuel Drain Fairing. Due to customer input the fuel drain fitting was redesigned to make installation much simpler. You can now install the fitting in minutes without the need to drain the tanks and remove the sump fitting.

Visit our web site for further details. www.jdair.com

2ywydc5.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw!!

Great Thanks... Now, I have to buy new ones to replace my unused set.. :mad:

Your's are fine. Especially since you are still building. I have the old ones on my plane and won't be changing. Functionality is exactly the same!!.

Do the typical fuel samplers work with these? It looks like they may not fit up into the fairing to depress the valve.

Figured that:)

Darwin-
I was only messing around. I should have hit the winking face rather than the mad face. ;)

Daniel, I figured that:) Heck we would be mad all the time if we tried to keep up with all the changes in aviation. Avionics especially!!!

I recently bought a set of vent fairings (and they are expensive) along with some other things about a month ago.
What is the benefit to this new design compared to the original and can an earlier model be modified to take advantage to the upgraded feature?

Since an upgraded version was so close to release, customers should have been offered each model with thorough descriptions of each model and let the buyer choose. And obviously discount the less desirable version.

Or take the time to upgrade the exisiting versions to the new model and sell only that.

It hard not to feel slighted when finding out you could have had the latest and greatest model instread of having the less desirable version put on you while managment knew it would be released so soon.

Annoyed Customer
Glenn Wilkinson

No functional difference

Glenn,

I'm sorry you are annoyed. There is no functional difference. Only the simplicity of installation.

With every product or improvement of a product there is going to be a transition time. Again, there was no functional difference and we did not want any voids in shipping or availability.

Rather keep my old one's

Looks like all you need is a Allen wrench to steal the new one's. :eek: A little work installing the older type seems to make them more secure and less likely to loosen with vibration. :) Why fix something that's not broken. :confused:

JD AIR NEW PARTS

Glenn

To Darwin 's defense, I can say that I was offered the choice between the old one vs the new as I was ordering just as they were coming off the CNC..

0.0002 KTS , any speed gain is a good thing ;-)

They just cleared Customs so I should have them this week ..Can't wait..

Bruno

Speed mod...

-.0002 knots in turns due to the high profile into relative wind. Be REAL careful when turning final.

;)

Ok, Ok, I have 'em cause they look cool (old style).

Dkb

What about me?

I bought the older style and I hate the fact that I have to take the sump drain out to replace them I think you guys need to take cars of us! 10.00 exchange for the older style.

Okay, now I'm confused. Some of the comments seem to be referencing the fuel vents and other comments the fuel drains. I'm interested in the fuel drains and was hoping that some of the older design fuel drains might still be available?

Lee...

JD AIRS PARTS

Hi All

Well I got mine 3 days ago,( Fuel Drain and vents ) and both looks really nice.:D

Should put them on next chance I get...

Bruno

Tie Downs

Darwin / Jason-
You guys should think about making some baggage area tie down points & RC heli racks For RVs :D.. All of the tie downs I've seen are pretty darn ugly. I'm looking for something nice looking & on the smaller side.

Maybe

Darwin / Jason-
You guys should think about making some baggage area tie down points & RC heli racks For RVs :D.. All of the tie downs I've seen are pretty darn ugly. I'm looking for something nice looking & on the smaller side.

Jason is back in Boston for a big heli deal now. I'm sure he'll read this. I hope my TRex 550 will fit back there:)

Back