What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Disaster in the Shop last night

Caummisar

Well Known Member
32609467846_e8e4200114_c.jpg
[/url]/IMG]

:p

....and the grandkids are too far away to help!!

Mailing 2017 dues today. How about you?

Last edited:
That's nothing- I did that with rivets. No pcs, but I have a big jar of 'Miscellaneous Fasteners' that l'l sell ya cheap!

That looks more organized than my usual method. At least you have them all in one place!

Yeah... two trays full of assorted screws, bolts, washers, nuts, cotter pins and blind rivets on the hangar floor will sure keep you entertained for a good long while. The moral of the story is, don't set that stuff close to the edge of the table. Sigh. I'm still finding stuff on the floor once in a while.

IMG_1076-400x300.jpg

a different kind of disaster

I went to mix up some WLS primer and when I triggered the drill motor, the stuff just welled up and exploded out of the can all over the workbench. Memo to self: "Slow speed next time!"

oNj7FI.jpg

Oh that's nothing...someone or something (who will remain anonymous) here at our shop managed to knock over an entire wall rack of hardware - of course it was everything from 4-40 screws, nuts, washers, and other miscellaneous stuff, etc.. It was so bad I couldn't even get mad - just had to laugh!

If those are the worst you've seen consider yourself lucky...

PS, the pics below are AFTER a few hours of 'sorting'. We finally just got to the point where we shoveled it in a box and now occasionally pick through it for random piece parts.

Cheers,
Stein

CcDzz36mB78WHWR23IOhTKDxTG8y2XELABqhY2iUBdAiKdDhC1evd38qHO0CHGKgd9cUzO7TCn2tD7H8kLUnETSIyouEiDpIrJS8vdeqcnJq9-a1KpGRdGam-MxVNzOlPfRUPw
N8uKyJswIwwtRsaTafJZ2fTRLMTbVcNrkIOpIgQgCCGDQF69-OkwOFjwlXdvTwe1Qs4yATbitNLIUIa04lYRzq0O7XaccE0Hujtxy6IRPypK_0GMSeEa5wBk16OGM1WTIEWbbg

Last edited:
I went to mix up some WLS primer and when I triggered the drill motor, the stuff just welled up and exploded out of the can all over the workbench. Memo to self: "Slow speed next time!"

oNj7FI.jpg

Not a VitaMix owner!:D

Sorry dude, I've been there done that and got the T-shirt, and pants, and shoes and...........

IMG_2114 by Ken Wilkerson, on Flickr
I thought I was being a little anal-rententive by insisting on anything small enough to fit being kept in ziplock baggies. But, guess not!:)

Last edited:
I never did sort these. They are still sitting in the container.

nWHJ_x5TTGpYwpQZ8s08ety9Vv4Zr9JMByD6X_olVuMlv-k2eEB9r-1Uzi-cCKjcRN_tr1onVbXk2wmaImcBE9XwU8PcQwKg627N6pi3VcZ-TuTy7Jfcd70e6TNqO3xbo9N3_JcvjmuudSDiBmZc_ZADhM3z8oECPogGFO8Yo5kFe8RVQgFErnSmy1z3_rkhEu6kfCKDSkCG8420oUGzFBuSMsYJkV-S4u34_huDSG1p027opUT6JCJ2gtdZumn2clxBsGhjVYhT0jmezqwMHDAbzU7PX5hIlEBYCmzXS1gcKfa12njogK5uYRaV10l5VM9SWZvOvcombbtSTr5EDLtoD4ZpbyhX1VVfYb8AKrmd09pSbQuz4VhJtNImyHakTZP9oUq2s7vDkarmPfr683Ii-zZSBjscXE65hU__6VIVtevz6v59beFDCuawudjCcl90hBxVUtYKe5usmherGiYfde6KrzdpABOBBXNBUljn60P3Y7fH8mfknYXVUHTtbmuzUeAzLhV_XfoziY6eruKPTf6YV59Uiasl6cXXfRAO5qioBzmY_Med1yd0BP9det2D7gIdw046wyBcgMQDoC8Rx1Lo00xyv0gMnV0B_eRg-sYUAUn2djj3vj5gcl9NEjldxS2zJimW_nyCsaGr-5UI_i8OlEBZjQYZwW1iQGo=w416-h654-no

Unless you got a kid that will sort for free, best to put them in the aluminum scrap recycle and buy new. I can't afford my hourly rate to "pay" myself to short.

Oh that's nothing...someone or something (who will remain anonymous) here at our shop managed to knock over an entire wall rack of hardware - of course it was everything from 4-40 screws, nuts, washers, and other miscellaneous stuff, etc.. It was so bad I couldn't even get mad - just had to laugh!

PS, the pics below are AFTER a few hours of 'sorting'. We finally just got to the point where we shoveled it in a box and now occasionally pick through it for random piece parts.

Cheers,
Stein

CcDzz36mB78WHWR23IOhTKDxTG8y2XELABqhY2iUBdAiKdDhC1evd38qHO0CHGKgd9cUzO7TCn2tD7H8kLUnETSIyouEiDpIrJS8vdeqcnJq9-a1KpGRdGam-MxVNzOlPfRUPw

N8uKyJswIwwtRsaTafJZ2fTRLMTbVcNrkIOpIgQgCCGDQF69-OkwOFjwlXdvTwe1Qs4yATbitNLIUIa04lYRzq0O7XaccE0Hujtxy6IRPypK_0GMSeEa5wBk16OGM1WTIEWbbg

I have a huge tub of machine bolts, nuts and washers of various sizes... we call them "sweepings" and I am sure you can figure out why. They get sorted when you need one.

Unless you got a kid that will sort for free, best to put them in the aluminum scrap recycle and buy new. I can't afford my hourly rate to "pay" myself to short.

I did just go ahead and buy more. It wasn't worth the headache. I did keep the mixed rivets. When people come over I let them try their hand at riveting on scrap metal and rivets from the box.

The dog looks guilty.

...someone or something (who will remain anonymous) here at our shop managed to knock over an entire wall rack of hardware...

Is it just me or is the dog looking guilty? Was he chasing a mouse behind the rack, perhaps?

I thought I was being a little anal-rententive by insisting on anything small enough to fit being kept in ziplock baggies. But, guess not!:)

I'm with Ken W. I had a small spillage mishap early on and decided I would not hazard same in the future. I dedicated small plastic drawers accordingly, so a "flipover" meant minimal sorting. REALLY glad I did! :)

oNj7FI.jpg

I did that with a gallon of JetFlex interior paint.

I can say that the water base of the JetFlex WR makes clean up much easier, you can hardly see the stain on the concrete floor any more...:)

Easier to sort than rivets!

beat me to it! 3-3.5 and 3-4 rivets are a lot harder to tell apart than red vs blue terminals :mad:

I've done the paint thing too - but by dipping a spray gun in thinner with the air still connected, right beside an RC model that I had just applied a flawless top coat to, at 11pm. No need for details. I just looked at it, shut everything down and went to bed.

Sometimes I just log on to see if I am the only one who did something like drop all my, rivets, elect. terminals or whatever. Thanks to you all for making me feel at home.

Cheers,
Stein

Can we order by XY coordinates on the photos?

Back