What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview and IFD440

RicoB

Well Known Member
Patron
Can anyone tell me if the skyview can feed traffic and weather into the IFD? Also can it feed fuel burn etc so the IFD can do its calculations? If so what would be the Pin outs? Thanks for any help

Not sure about display on IFD from sky view but any 232 pin with the right format should work.

GPS FUEL COMPUTER PINS

IFD-540** P1001****************
GPS RS-232 Out 1************
GPS RS-232 *In 1************************************
Ground shield to Backshell* ----------------Ground Shield to Backshell
Configure IFD RS 232 -* OUT: Aviation
*************** ************* ******IN:*** Shadin - Fuel

Pin 56 and 57 on the P5001 (Main) connect is the RS-232 #1 In/Out.* Any unused RS-232 port may be used.
*P1050 on the IFD-540 are additional I/O Connections.* Pins 60/61 is RS-232 # 5 and 62/63 is RS-232 #6. Those ports may also be used.

The dynon cannot feed ADSB traffic and weather to the IFD. It cannot feed fuel flow, at least not directly from the skyview system.

I have a HDX system and an IFD 440. Having a map on a large 10" screen spoils you. It makes the IFD 440 map screen small, which it is. Adding weather and traffic to that small screen would border on useless. My IFD stays in FMS mode 95% of the time and I look at the IFD flight plan on the Dynon screen, along with weather and traffic.

great, thank you. I am getting ready to upgrade the panel to the full dynon skyview bundle along with a GMA240 and IFD440. Any comments or help will be great.

Anyone using the certified avionics tray that dynon has to go on the back of the screen for a shelf?

Yeah i agree with you, that screen is pretty small. Cant wait to get the system installed.

great, thank you. I am getting ready to upgrade the panel to the full dynon skyview bundle along with a GMA240 and IFD440. Any comments or help will be great.

Anyone using the certified avionics tray that dynon has to go on the back of the screen for a shelf?
The shelf will greatly expand the flexibility in where you mount all the remote boxes. If I were to do it again I would use the shelf. Check with Dynon, they may be coming out with a updated shelf. Here are some photos of how the shelf could be used.

Attachments

• IMG_4558.JPG
    IMG_4558.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4559.JPG
    IMG_4559.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4577.JPG
    IMG_4577.JPG
    585.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4560.JPG
    IMG_4560.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 166
Oh thats great! thanks so much for the pics. that makes the install so much simpler.

Back