What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Facet pump question

Paul 5r4

Well Known Member
I have the standard Facet pump. According to specs it's suppose to put out 32 gallons an hour. Mine is 9 years old. I tested it recently and I'm getting 0.4 gallons/minute = 24 gallons an/hour.... 8 gallons/hour low.
Never tested it when new. Should I replace it?

Thanks in advance.

The 32 gallon / hr rating is probably best case. That's where the pump is directly connected to the tank.

How many feet of line and how many bends / fittings are between the pump and the tank?

The more you have, the more restrictive the suction side will be

If the Facet is like all the others, it is a positive displacement pump. Actual pump flow varies very little with delta pressure changes. “Excess” flow bypasses back to the pump suction. It ‘s either a problem with the pump proper or the integral bypass/relief. I would not fly it in this condition.

BTW. What pressure are you getting at that flow?

Last edited:
9 year old, $50 pump? YES... I have an 8 year old pump and a $50 pump on order, only because I have the plane opened up in that area and don't want to test the "no time limit" replacement standard.. Me not worrying about the pump is worth the $50 to me.. Others may have different comfort levels and that is okay too..

Last edited:
Back