What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I had to brag for her!

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
Last week my wife was awarded a full scholarship to complete her IFR training. The award is the Amelia Erhart scholarship presented by the National '99's' organization for women pilots. She now has left seat control of our RV6A.
34hds2a.jpg

Congratulations Roger! And to your wife! My wife will be finishing up her private once my plane is done. It's great to be with flying women, eh?

Enjoyed meeting you at Sebring, I showed my pictures of your canopy release to a guy helping me, and we are going to do something similar, but use thin copper wire that will tear out when you pull the pin.

See you!

Damon

Fight for left seat!

The only down side is you have to fight to see who gets left seat. If your wife loves to tell you how to drive, wait till she starts critiquing your flying. All joking aside, I am very fortunate to have a pilot wife. We get to share our passion together. Also aviation related procurement requests sail right thru the finance department:)

99's is a wonderful organization,my wife got a scholarship for her instrument and commercial tickets and she is now my captain,When we used to fly a dc-3 the line guys would ask me about fuel when we landed,i would tell them they need to ask the capt and point to Nancy!Always got a surprised look!

I wish my wife was into flying as much as me. But then, I'll bet she wishes I was more interested in scrap booking and going to baby showers. :eek:

Back