What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual XGPS 190 with ForeFlight ?

BillSchlatterer

Well Known Member
Is anyone using a Dual XGPS170 or 190 with ForeFlight. I just bought one and it fires up great. Using their AP it?s picking up satts and getting WAAS grade data.

The problem is that I can?t get it to connect by Bluetooth to a ForeFlight. I also us a Stratus II with no problem but it?s wifi.

What did you do to get the Dual to connect Bluetooth to Foreflifgt ?

Color me confused :confused:

Thanks Bill S

Hi Bill,

I have a Dual XGPS150. I had trouble connecting it to ForeFlight on my iPad. In my case, I learned there is a very small DIP switch behind the cover for the micro USB plug. This switch is in one position for Android systems and the other for iPads. It leaves the factory configured for Androids. Once I flipped the switch, all was well. Apologies if you already know this and have a different issue.

Good luck,

Dean

In addition to the above, for HARDWARE, do you have the below for the extra running SOFTWARE?

Do the Dual XGPS170, XGPS170D, or XGPS190 ADS-B receivers work with ForeFlight Mobile?
Josh Berman December 06, 2018 12:17
Beginning with ForeFlight Mobile version 10.0 you can use a Dual XGPS170, XGPS170D, or XGPS190 with ForeFlight Mobile, provided you install and use the Dual ADS-B Status Tool app. The Status Tool app is available from the Apple App Store: DUAL Status Tool App

See these DUAL instructions for complete details about configuring the Status Tool app to allow the XGPS170, XGPX170D, or XGPS190 to work with ForeFlight Mobile.

Pair your iPad or iPhone with the XGPS (or connect, if previously paired)
Open the Status Tool app
Tap the "Setup" (gear) button
Turn the "Support ForeFlight" switch ON
Tap the "OK" button
Leave the Status Tool app running in the background, then switch to ForeFlight Mobile

https://support.foreflight.com/hc/e...work-with-ForeFlight-Mobile-?mobile_site=true

Who'da thunk it ?

Well, I caught myself reading the instructions several times and none of this was mentioned at all. :(

Heading to the airport right now and will give it another run! :cool:

Sure do appreciate this site, the folks on it, and the amazing response time! :)

Thanks Bill

Mazels! Remember, til you are ADSB-out, you will see ADS-B outtraffic from their transmissions.

Non-ADSB-out traffic with transponders will only show if they are being interrogated by ATC radar and if they are within the 15nm diameter, 3500' tall, "puck" around an ADS-B out equipped aircraft.

Last edited:
Mazels! Remember, til you are ADSB-out you will now see most 1090ES transponders .
For 978UATs, if you are in THEIR 15NM diameter, 3500' tall "puck" IF they are receiving GBT traffic on 978mhz UAT, you may see them.

This is confusing. You should see: all ADSB-out aircraft. But you will see non-ADSB aircraft that are being seen by radar, only if you are within 15 nm and 3000? vertically of another aircraft which does have adsb-out, and you can receive the ground station that sent that data out.

Back