What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Microstop jig

Jskyking

Well Known Member
I’m getting ready to start on my flaps and the plans call for a jig in order to countersink the holes in the flap brackets.

I can cut the dimensions on my band saw, but the keyhole is another story. I suppose I could scribe a line and then drill a series of holes in the line then cut the holes with my band saw or dremel. I suppose another way would be to drill a starter hole and then use a step- drill bit to get the radius for the key hole then cut the keyhole does with the band saw.

Finish the edges with my scotchbrite wheel in the angle grinder.

Any other ideas would surely be appreciated. Jt

Attachments

• 8BFB60DF-D40D-41BF-9396-F0230C25CE5B.jpg
    8BFB60DF-D40D-41BF-9396-F0230C25CE5B.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 237
The size of the hole in the jig isn't critical. So take some 1/8 stock (doesn't have to be an angle) and make a 1/2 hole in it (step drill or however else you want). Then cut it in half more or less..... clean it up and voila. All you want is an offset so the microstop is lined up to the lower surface. You could cut a wide V and probably get the same effect. I think I did this c/s without a jig, using a microstop that had one side cut off the bottom.

Last edited:
Back