What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Free lunch (for a ride)

dromuald

Fellow members,

I am 99% certain I am going to build an RV-14. I sat in the demonstrator at Oshkosh and it fits my future mission. I have been flying an RV-8 for over 7 years and still have the RV grin. I have always wanted to build an RV and I think this will be a great experience.

However, I must admit I have never flown in a 14. I always test drive a car prior to buying so I asked myself why wouldn't I do the same for a plane? So if anyone has a plane and lives within an hour flight time of ATL I would love to meet you and get a ride, trade rides and/or buy you lunch. Hard to believe but there are no completed 14s here at Peachtree City (yet).

If that isn't possible, there are some -7s here. Can someone who has lflown both a -7 and -14 give me a comparison between the two airplanes.

Thanks,

Anyone?

Fellow members,

I am 99% certain I am going to build an RV-14. I sat in the demonstrator at Oshkosh and it fits my future mission. I have been flying an RV-8 for over 7 years and still have the RV grin. I have always wanted to build an RV and I think this will be a great experience.

However, I must admit I have never flown in a 14. I always test drive a car prior to buying so I asked myself why wouldn't I do the same for a plane? So if anyone has a plane and lives within an hour flight time of ATL I would love to meet you and get a ride, trade rides and/or buy you lunch. Hard to believe but there are no completed 14s here at Peachtree City (yet).

If that isn't possible, there are some -7s here. Can someone who has lflown both a -7 and -14 give me a comparison between the two airplanes.

Thanks,

Anyone?

There is a completed RV-14 at Synergy Air South at KCCO (Newnan-Coweta County). It just had a Classic Aero interior installed (which is beautiful).

If you reach out to them, I expect they can contact the owner and get you in touch. It's still in Phase I so I doubt you can get a ride immediately, but maybe after the Phase I is complete.

Thanks Turner,

Looks like I have it covered, but if it falls through I will contact you. Cheers

Back