What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying into Phoenix tomorrow

moll780

Well Known Member
I've never been to Phoenix and need to go for business. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning and have all day to get there from Austin. No rush.
what is the best airport to land at? Any recommendations?
I was thinking Mesa (KIWA) or scottsdale but would love some recommendations.
thanks in advance!

I fly out of KDVT. What area are you wanting to visit? This is a large area surrounded by several great airports. Larry

We used KDVT (Phoenix Deer Valley) last spring. Cutter Aviation is very friendly to GA and got me hangar space at a reasonable price. We self-fueled across the field at Sibran (sic?) for the best price on the field. It is a very nice self serve fuel island. I think they are at $5.59 now. Cutter was not offended that we bought self serve fuel. As I recall, Scottsdale was the most expensive in the area ($7.xx). I know from my corporate aviation days that KSDL is very busy, very expensive, and the ramps are crowded. We were planning on going in to Glendale (KGEU) but it turned out that Deer Valley was closer to the spring training ball parks we were visiting. Glendale's fuel was a few cents cheaper than Deer Valley, but those two airports were the least expensive fuel in the valley at that time.
It boils down to which airport is the most convenient for you while visiting Phoenix.

Awesome info!
I need to be at a datacenter very close to sky harbor airport. I'll look up info on deer valley.
Thanks!
Coming from Austin.

Mesa KFFZ is a nice place, friendly to GA aircraft. Mesa KIWA I don't know alot about, they do have GA aircraft there and also Comercial. I would stay away from Scottsdale. The price of everything is high in Scottsdale. It was 116 deg today at my place so be ready for that. :eek:

Just watched on the news as a haboob (?) - a massive dust storm, with visibilities down to a quarter mile, swept into Phoenix.
Good luck!

Back