What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Protective Canopy Covering?

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
The slightly sticky clear plastic protector on my canopy is getting old and ragged. I'd like to be able to remove it completely during the build, but I want to reinstall something similar. Does anyone know what it is, and where it can be found?

I replaced my canopy last year and put the windscreen portion away for the future. Airplane Plastics, the manufacturer, told me to leave their covering on indefinitely and there would be no ill effects. I didn't ask what to replace it with if it's in bad shape.

Last edited:
Yes, I thought I might be able to do the same. But, the film wraps around the lower edge of the canopy, so that part had to be either pulled back or cut away when trimming was necessary. Now the sticky part is holding onto the plastic shards of the trimming process. I'd like to remove the original film, clean it furiously, and then re-cover it down to the point where it will meet the adhesive. It's like some super thick cling film, and I wondered if it was available anywhere.

Back