What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Announcement: Limited time trade-in rebate offer

Dynon

Well Known Member
Advertiser

Do you have a D10/D100 series equipped aircraft that you've been thinking about upgrading to a SkyView or an AF-5000 series system? Or perhaps you are thinking about your 2020 ADS-B Out compliance plan...

We're thanking our D10/D100 series customers with a limited time offer:

Upgrade to a new SkyView or AFS system with 2020-compliant ADS-B Out between Sept 26, 2016 and November 30, 2016, and Dynon will rebate 75% of the price of eligible D10/D100 series instruments you already own when they are traded-in.

See complete details of this offer here.

Michael Schofield
Marketing Manager
Dynon Avionics

ok, I'll bite!

soooooooooooooooo for us dorks who really don't know what a GT-702 and mnr16 grapple ADAHRS modulator actually DO.....
what would it cost for the most basic Skyview, fully functional, in my panel?...with the harnesses and gadgets to make the pretty colours light up? :)

( yes I realize there are a few options, but help a guy out? I did try the online system calculator....but it made my nifty $2000 upgrade into an $8900 nightmare....please waken me from this h#ll???)

Last edited:
Is this limited to the first 50 customers who BUY? Or the first 50 customers who get paperwork in?

Here's the deal: I'd hate to go through the expense of the upgrade, only to later find out I'm #51

Is this limited to the first 50 customers who BUY? Or the first 50 customers who get paperwork in?

Here's the deal: I'd hate to go through the expense of the upgrade, only to later find out I'm #51

Same question from me: If I have a D-180 I want to replace with a SV setup in an RV-12, would be pretty rough to expect we're getting a rebate because we purchased before the deadline, only to find out after purchasing (and potentially after installing) that the 50 rebate slots were already gone. How can we know if we are in the first 50 at the time of purchase?

Thx

soooooooooooooooo for us dorks who really don't know what a GT-702 and mnr16 grapple ADAHRS modulator actually DO.....
what would it cost for the most basic Skyview, fully functional, in my panel?...with the harnesses and gadgets to make the pretty colours light up? :)

( yes I realize there are a few options, but help a guy out? I did try the online system calculator....but it made my nifty $2000 upgrade into an $8900 nightmare....please waken me from this h#ll???)

A complete basic 7" SkyView system - with mapping and ads-b in traffic and weather - that meets the terms of the rebate looks like this:

Capture_config.PNG

The above makes some assumptions, like you want a 7" display to replace a FlightDEK-D180, perhaps, and that you already have engine probes from your legacy install. It also doesn't include a radio, intercom, or autopilot. But you would have full primary flight instruments, engine monitoring, moving map / navigation, transponder with 2020-compliant ADS-B Out, and ADS-B In (traffic and weather).

If you had a FlightDEK-D180 superbright model, you'd be eligible for a $2438 rebate (based on the schedule here)

So your total cost, after rebate, in this example would be $5982.

There's also an even less expensive option, which is a SkyView SE system. SkyView SE omits mapping, synthetic vision, and other capabilities (see this comparison) with the simplest interface possible. It's basically a SkyView-based equivalent of our D100/D120/D180 models, with the ability to be ADS-B Out compliant. To make that system, you'd replace the $2700 SV-D700 display with the $1850 SV-D600 display, and you wouldn't buy the SV-ADSB-470 receiver (SkyView SE does not have mapping capabilities, so there is no traffic or weather display). So in that case, after rebate, you'd be looking at $3137 after the same rebate.

You can apply for the rebate right after you purchase, even before you do the installation as long as you know the information about what you're trading in (product/serial number). When you fill out the form, we get a copy, so we know what the count looks like more or less as purchases happen. And even if some customers don't do exactly that, it'll be OK. If we hit the 50 mark, we'll update the site to discontinue the promotion, so that part will be clear. But even if that happens, and you made purchase before we ended it but waited to fill out the rebate form, we'll honor them. We're looking to be fair, not play rebate gotcha.

. But even if that happens, and you made purchase before we ended it but waited to fill out the rebate form, we'll honor them. We're looking to be fair, not play rebate gotcha.

OK, cool. I've already been in touch with Stein and, heck, it's Stein so it's not something I'm too concerned about anyway.

Thanks a lot for making me spend money. :D

You can apply for the rebate right after you purchase, even before you do the installation as long as you know the information about what you're trading in (product/serial number). When you fill out the form, we get a copy, so we know what the count looks like more or less as purchases happen. And even if some customers don't do exactly that, it'll be OK. If we hit the 50 mark, we'll update the site to discontinue the promotion, so that part will be clear. But even if that happens, and you made purchase before we ended it but waited to fill out the rebate form, we'll honor them. We're looking to be fair, not play rebate gotcha.

This bit is nice -

You must send your SkyView Proof of Purchase, a copy of your completed rebate form, and your D10/D100 series equipment within 6 months of the SkyView system purchase date.

Plenty of time to get the panel modified (or a new panel) and harnesses ready before taking the plane out of service.

Last edited:
SV-700 TO SV-1000 Rebate

Hello Dynon Support

It is nice of you to think about our friends with D-10,D-100 S?ries EFIS but are you also thinking about your other friends with SV-700 who would like an upgrade rebate to a SV-1000 (T) ????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It sure will be nice if you have an upgrade offer to the new HDX models....I will be interested in that if you do...;)

Thank you

Bruno

disqualified?

So if I wanted to keep my EMS-D10: instead of takingup the space on the big screen, then I can't qualify for the offer?

Same question, sort of!

I want to keep my D10A and EMS120 as a part of my panel --but would like to install an AFS 5600.

EDIT: Not a problem with not getting the trade-in/rebate ---- I am still going install an AFS 5600, it will just take longer to get the necessary "Aviation Monetary Units" together.

Ron

Last edited:
As far as I know after having processed a number of these for customers, you need to follow the requirements document just like it states (same from any manufacturer typically). It's really quite a good deal because I don't think there is any other possibility of getting 70% back on your legacy series equipment...and it's an especially good deal if you were looking at doing something with ADSB along with a possible equipment upgrade.

Just my 2 cents as usual!

Cheers,
Stein

So for this offer, you do have to send in the D10/D100 equipment. Hearing some of your scenarios can be helpful for planning future upgrade promotions, though.

Similarly, we don't currently have a SkyView -> SkyView Touch / HDX offer going, but again, we'll definitely keep this scenario in mind for the future as well.

So for this offer, you do have to send in the D10/D100 equipment. Hearing some of your scenarios can be helpful for planning future upgrade promotions, though.

Similarly, we don't currently have a SkyView -> SkyView Touch / HDX offer going, but again, we'll definitely keep this scenario in mind for the future as well.

A 4***\3*** to 5*** upgrade would be nice too!

AFS does have a trade in program for our older equipment, 25% off of the list price.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

Back