What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DAR Recommendation for N. California?

Craig23

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

I am hopefully within a couple months of completing my RV-8 here in Santa Rosa, CA. The Oakland FSDO has done the airworthiness inspections on a number of aircraft in Santa Rosa, one as recently as 3 or so months ago. When I tried to get on their schedule they told me they couldn't help me because of their increased workload.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a DAR up here?

Dave Morss

Hi Craig,

Many of us in the south bay area have used Dave Morss. He lives in San Francisco, so I assume he would travel up to Santa Rosa. He has a website so if you google him, you can find his contact info.

As of a few weeks ago, there's a new DAR in California. Richard "Dilly" Dilbeck inspected many homebuilts when he was with the SAC FSDO. Now he's a DAR. I had the pleasure of working with him on my AirCam. He is an advocate for us, and was instrumental in getting my airport off of the "do not fly" list for phase 1. Doesn't appear on the FAA site yet, so PM me for his contact info.

As of a few weeks ago, there's a new DAR in California. Richard "Dilly" Dilbeck inspected many homebuilts when he was with the SAC FSDO. Now he's a DAR. I had the pleasure of working with him on my AirCam. He is an advocate for us, and was instrumental in getting my airport off of the "do not fly" list for phase 1. Doesn't appear on the FAA site yet, so PM me for his contact info.

+1 for Dilly, he did the inspection on my RV10.

Mike, congrats on the AirCam.

Back