What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aftermarket Cabin Heat Box -Defect?

Caummisar

Well Known Member
Aftermarket SS Cabin Heat Box -Defect?

I purchased the aftermarket SS heat box and installed it. While working on the firewall recess I noticed what appeared to be missing spot welds. Its easier to explain with photos. It this a manufacturing defect?

cabinheatbox.jpg

7c09cc30-67cf-4008-825d-1a8b1aa70659.jpg

Top photos is looking down; the bottom photos from bottom looking toward top of firewall. Arrows show where I think there should be spot welds.

Last edited:
Spot Welds

Richard, I just checked my ss heat valve (it came from ACS). My valve is spot welded on BOTH sides. You may have a defective valve.:eek:

Great

Richard, I just checked my ss heat valve (it came from ACS). My valve is spot welded on BOTH sides. You may have a defective valve.:eek:

Have the receipt in my hand, though. Easier to fix now. Glad I saw it. Wished I had seen it before I bolted it up and applied fire barrier sealant.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Last edited:
Yep Both Sides

I just received mine this week and it is spot welded both sides.
Plan to install this week.

Plane Innovations - Cabin Heat Box

Like Steve, I bought this heat box valve through ACS. ACS told me they sourced it from Plane Innovations and I should call them direct. ACS gave me their phone number and after a day of unanswered phone calls and one email, they called me back. A replacement is on the way. They will get the old one back to share with their production folks as a quality control lessons learned.

I hope this will encourage others to check the welds on their SS heat boxes.

9-30-2013 New Heat Box installed.

Last edited:
Back